Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:04 PM

eBay bargain.

I have just bought on Friday, a 5litre container of car screen wash concentrate off eBay for 3.99 with free delivery
Amazingly the container was sent from Middlesex to Manchester by AIR, before being delivered to my home Today (Bank Holiday) by DHL.
That's what I call good service.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:17 PM

Re: eBay bargain.

4.99 litres of free water and a dash of el cheapo white vinegar - no wonder they can pay for freight.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
4.99 litres of free water and a dash of el cheapo white vinegar - no wonder they can pay for freight.
Maybe in the Australia, the home of our all our transported criminals and their offspring.
The situation is a little different here in England
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:27 PM

24 million Australians.
Estimated 160,000 have any convict in their family tree -
and most of those were for petty offences and warped British "justice".
(7 years for pinching a loaf of bread for your starving kids).

And of course, there are NO con-merchants in the UK
(or gullible 'customers').
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I have just bought on Friday, a 5litre container of car screen wash concentrate off eBay for 3.99 with free delivery
Amazingly the container was sent from Middlesex to Manchester by AIR, before being delivered to my home Today (Bank Holiday) by DHL.
That's what I call good service.
Agree, some Ebay sellers amaze me. In the past week for example I have ordered two heavy items (2 man lift) items of oak furniture from Yorkshire, both arrived next day by 10.30am to my home on the south coast.

Another time I ordered two double beds complete from a company near Telford late afternoon. They arrived here at 7.30am next day.

Smaller things, this week I ordered a printer lead. Grand cost was 0.99p inc postage. How do they make a profit ?

Last week a bag of white cement , delivered to the door from Yorkshire...ta thanks as I do not want to spend hours and spend more looking in town and lifting.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Agree, some Ebay sellers amaze me. In the past week for example I have ordered two heavy items (2 man lift) items of oak furniture from Yorkshire, both arrived next day by 10.30am to my home on the south coast.

Another time I ordered two double beds complete from a company near Telford late afternoon. They arrived here at 7.30am next day.

Smaller things, this week I ordered a printer lead. Grand cost was 0.99p inc postage. How do they make a profit ?

Last week a bag of white cement , delivered to the door from Yorkshire...ta thanks as I do not want to spend hours and spend more looking in town and lifting.
Building a bomb shelter, or something much more fun?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Building a bomb shelter, or something much more fun?
Na I don't need a bomb shelter, everybody loves me Could be handy to keep my adoring fans and frustrated old ladies out however.

My most expensive purchase on Ebay was 14 grand.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:16 AM

A company I deal with just sent us emails warning about some products being offered on EBay which were only imitations of what they were stated to be.
Sometimes if something is cheap, it is cheap for a reason. IMO.
Pumicestone
Australia

30-08-2016, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
..... My most expensive purchase on Ebay was 14 grand.
And how is she working out ?
Is she a good cook ? Does she keep the house clean ? Does she do as she's told ?
How is she at washing the car and mowing lawns ?

More importantly, does she cater well for your personal "needs" ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
And how is she working out ?
Is she a good cook ? Does she keep the house clean ? Does she do as she's told ?
How is she at washing the car and mowing lawns ?

More importantly, does she cater well for your personal "needs" ?
She's waiting for her travel docs before being released from quarantine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top