Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 08:31 AM

It is cruel to keep chronically ill animals alive!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I spend a lot of time at home, mainly because I have a cat with bad asthma who could die, if he has an attack and I am not here to give him his inhaler. Friends tend to visit in the evenings or occasionally lunch time but, apart from that, I only have you lot to chat to during the day so I pop back between household jobs to see what everybody is talking about. I couldn't tell you how long I am on here, but my time is my own so I come here when I choose to and go out when my sister is here to look after the cat.
I would just like to say thanks to all who provide amusing and interesting discussions which I sometimes need when I haven't got a cat sitter.
Is it fair to your cat to keep it alive when it has a condition which is chronic?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:04 AM

Re: It is cruel to keep chronically ill animals alive!

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Is it fair to your cat to keep it alive when it has a condition which is chronic?
Yes it is, the cat is very happy and healthy the majority of the time, I just prefer to keep my eye on him. Two months ago he had a bad attack and needed to be put in an oxygen tent for a few hours, as asthmatic humans sometimes have to do, so the vet changed his medication and he has been fine since.
Would you let a child die because it had asthma, rather than giving it your time?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Yes it is, the cat is very happy and healthy the majority of the time, I just prefer to keep my eye on him. Two months ago he had a bad attack and needed to be put in an oxygen tent for a few hours, as asthmatic humans sometimes have to do, so the vet changed his medication and he has been fine since.
Would you let a child die because it had asthma, rather than giving it your time?
It is a cat not a human!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2016, 09:16 AM

I think it is very cruel to keep chronically ill animals alive. We once had a cat which had kidney problems, the crazy vet suggested dialysis, of course we sensibly had it put down immediately.

I think these poor beasts are being kept alive for the sake of their owners, not for their own sakes!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is a cat not a human!
I treat animals and people with the same consideration. Anyway, it is my cat so nothing to do with you!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:25 AM

I suppose a lot depends on whether your pet was in pain or not.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:30 AM

I treat animals and people with the same consideration. Anyway, it is my cat so nothing to do with you!
I have always been lucky with my pets in that none have ever had any serious ailments but I take my hat off to you Twink (if I had one) for taking the time to give your cat the best life possible.

As for how much time do I spend on here, about an hour each morning I would say.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:30 AM

And how much your animal means to you, and if it can still have some sort of decent life despite the illness.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:31 AM

Yes it is very cruel and this applies to humans as well.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 09:31 AM

I think its cruel to keep chronically ill humans alive but there you go!!!!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top