Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Historic sex abuse of footballers .

Another round of historic abuse this time from footballers abused as children .
It seems to have been an epidemic.
The police are now on to it .
Is this right?
Should the police be devoting so much time to this ?
Should they not be concentrating on what is happening to children today?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Re: Historic sex abuse of footballers .

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Another round of historic abuse this time from footballers abused as children .
It seems to have been an epidemic.
The police are now on to it .
Is this right?
Should the police be devoting so much time to this ?
Should they not be concentrating on what is happening to children today?
Yes of course they should, and most of them are now trained to deal with Child abuse

However past crimes must still be accounted for, as this effected the victims for the rest of the rest of their lives.
We now have the spectacle of strong athletic men crying on TV when remembering the abuse they had to put up with, and shut up, as well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:47 AM

I am not sure of this .
One of the men said it had affected his career .
But how ?
He had been fairly successful .
Another sad that he had never told his parents now deceased .
These are things that are past what good is there rehashing all this in front of the cameras .
How will it affect the their own families ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 11:59 AM

I think these historic cases highlight the dangers facing children today.
I would never have dreamt that young lads with dreams of becoming footballers would ever have to endure abuse.
I always thought of footballers as being overpaid and little else.
When I look back, I remember ballet dancers, actors and other professionals being reported as having been abused to fulfill their dreams.
Hopefully a lot of that abuse has stopped after being highlighted by older folk speaking up.
I can understand how the resentment, embarrassment and shame could have affected their lives and careers, it must be very stressful keeping secrets like that.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think these historic cases highlight the dangers facing children today.
I would never have dreamt that young lads with dreams of becoming footballers would ever have to endure abuse.
I always thought of footballers as being overpaid and little else.

When I look back, I remember ballet dancers, actors and other professionals being reported as having been abused to fulfill their dreams.
Hopefully a lot of that abuse has stopped after being highlighted by older folk speaking up.
I can understand how the resentment, embarrassment and shame could have affected their lives and careers, it must be very stressful keeping secrets like that.
TessA wherever you have children and lots of them you will always have paedophiles wanting to get in the midst of them.....if you were a paedophile where would you want to be working? ....In amongst children in some capacity ,unfortunately some still get through the net of checks nowadays ...but yrs ago I imagine it was rife
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
TessA wherever you have children and lots of them you will always have paedophiles wanting to get in the midst of them.....if you were a paedophile where would you want to be working? ....In amongst children in some capacity ,unfortunately some still get through the net of checks nowadays ...but yrs ago I imagine it was rife
Well said.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 05:00 PM

I am not sure of this .
But how ?
These are things that are past what good is there rehashing all this in front of the cameras .
It clearly has affected them very badly even though they might be seen as being "successful." I almost cried watching those men on TV trying to hold back their tears and almost choking.

When you're young you're not really sure what's right and what's not as you approach adulthood. In those days people didn't open up to others and families didn't discuss feelings and personal matters like they do today.

It's a terrible shock when something like this happens to you so you just can't deal with it. You want it to NOT be happening but you don't know how to stop it. If you're very lucky it might just be a one off and you can shut it off in your head and almost forget about it. I can't imagine what it's like for it to continue for years like with these poor footballers.

I'm speaking with some experience as when I was about 19 someone I worked for used to intimidate me by saying really rude things to me when we were working alone. I lived alone, had nobody really to share my concerns with and needed my job to survive.

He then started putting his hands down his trousers and playing with himself and it was vile. He would be on the phone at the time negotiating really huge business deals and I used to walk out of the room literally shaking. He would then buzz me and ask me to go back in and finish my work. He was the vilest of vile pigs and if I had to travel with him in his car he liked to pull over and just sit there while he knew I was petrified he was going to do something. He would leave me like that for maybe 5 minutes then just drive off again laughing to himself. I actually think what saved me was the fact I had to speak on the phone most days to his wife and I think he was scared I would tell her.

I can totally see why these people put up with it and said nothing at the time as you are literally frozen with fear. I look back now and can't believe that at 19 I was so terrified. He must be about 80 now and he's still alive as I checked him out but I'd still like to kick him in the balls and tell him what a vile person he is.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 05:01 PM

.... Should they not be concentrating on what is happening to children today?
.... These are things that are past what good is there rehashing all this in front of the cameras.
Tess has a far more rational view
Originally Posted by TessA ->
.... Hopefully a lot of that abuse has stopped after being highlighted by older folk speaking up.
I'm stunned that anyone should suggest that these child-abusing scum should walk - just because their vile crimes occurred years ago.

Should the same principle apply to war criminals, serial killers, rapists ..... ?
There is no such suggestion.
Will you never cease your stupid and infantile wind ups?
Well, perhaps you will be kind enough to tell us precisely what you meant rather than typical, rule-breaking personal abuse ?

".... Should they not be concentrating on what is happening to children today?"
".... These are things that are past what good is there rehashing all this in front of the cameras."

.... Should they be devoting so much time and man hours to historic incidents when children are being abused today?
Are police resources so poor in Britain that they cannot address both issues ?
The question really is very, very simple.
Do you want them to just let older offenders off scot-free ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2016, 05:30 PM

There is no such suggestion.
Will you never cease your stupid and infantile wind ups?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 05:32 PM

I am not sure of this .
But how ?
Muddy

The Fact that these footballers have successful careers is beside the point, in spite of there abuse at the hands of their trainer.
He was there to teach them Football,not to abuse them and threaten them,
It does have an affect on them mentally and sometimes their families if the also know about the abuse, and it often interferes with them having a fulfilling relationship with their wives /partners.

Sadly we read about some young people who have been abused actually committing suicide because they had no one to turn to.

I am a loss to understand how any man,or sometimes a women can see a child, teenager, or a baby even, as an object of sexual desire! They must know that this abuse physically harms them.

These paedophiles never choose someone their own size.
Why? I wonder! Some of them look absolutely gross.
They need a squib up their backside and lighted too.

Then see how they like that,

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top