Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 05:50 AM

Giraffes

The planet would be poorer without these beautiful and unique animals.

https://www.thedodo.com/giraffe-sile...9174.html?imfb
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 06:39 AM

Re: Giraffes

Very true Muddy - they are lovely.

As a child I never really believed in Giraffes - always thought they were mythological, like crocks of gold at the end of rainbows - until I came eyeball to kneecap with one in Regent's Park!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Another for the endangered list.
Tragic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 10:42 AM

It was on the telly about the startling deciline in these beautiful creatures.
It seems we are on to it at last, and will be working to hopefully stop the extinction.
What bugs me a lot though, is STILL the idle rich with money to waste, are paying large amounts to go and shoot them for 'sport'.
If only these people put their cash into something like preservation instead, things would move in the right direction.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mups ->
it was on the telly about the startling deciline in these beautiful creatures.
It seems we are on to it at last, and will be working to hopefully stop the extinction.
What bugs me a lot though, is still the idle rich with money to waste, are paying large amounts to go and shoot them for 'sport'.
If only these people put their cash into something like preservation instead, things would move in the right direction.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 04:35 PM

Giraffes are beautiful animals, it's beyond my imagination why anyone would want to kill them for sport, or for anything else, but then unless your life is in imminent danger from any animal I can't understand the killing of any creature, or human.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top