Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:33 PM

Spanish Weather

Things have been somewhat different regarding the weather today.........we woke up to snow. Throughout the day weīve had snow, sleet, rain, back to snow. At approximately 6 p.m. we had fairly heavy rain and a very noisy and bright thunderstorm, which at this present time is still continuing. I have one extremely panicky little dog, I doubt Iīll get much sleep tonight.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:43 PM

Re: Spanish Weather

Good Heavens! And they were saying on our news we've had the warmest year ever, all over the World.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Not at all what we have come to expect with your photos Loretta How unusual to see palms in the snow too ....

Take care when you're out and about, it looks pretty but is treacherous under foot.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:51 PM

And I thought, ' the rain in Spain etc'
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good Heavens! And they were saying on our news we've had the warmest year ever, all over the World.
It certainly wasnīt, still isnīt, warm here today Tiffany. Itīs varied between 3 and 5 degrees. Itīs also caused some confusion with a few people, myself included. Weīve had red lights shaped like snowflakes on the car dashboards. Some of us had no idea what this light was and thought there was something wrong with the car. The man at our local garage said his phone never stopped this morning, people saying they had a strange red light on the dashboard that didnīt go off. We are not used to low temperatures that cause these snowflake warning lights to come into operation.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-01-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Not at all what we have come to expect with your photos Loretta How unusual to see palms in the snow too ....

Take care when you're out and about, it looks pretty but is treacherous under foot.
It was certain a shock this morning to wake up to snow coming down Mags. Our Spanish neighbours said they had never seen it snow like this on the coast before. The beaches were white over this morning. All I could think was thank goodness we have central heating. Itīs only the second time in the 17 years (this week) we have been here that weīve had the heating on all day. Now we have rain, thunder and lightning.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-01-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And I thought, ' the rain in Spain etc'
Well we do have the rain now, but on the coast as well as the plain.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It was certain a shock this morning to wake up to snow coming down Mags. Our Spanish neighbours said they had never seen it snow like this on the coast before. The beaches were white over this morning. All I could think was thank goodness we have central heating. Itīs only the second time in the 17 years (this week) we have been here that weīve had the heating on all day. Now we have rain, thunder and lightning.
Does it ever get cold enough to ice your pool over, Loretta?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-01-2017, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Does it ever get cold enough to ice your pool over, Loretta?
I donīt think so Mags. Iīve never heard of a pool icing over. We did have some frost one night years ago, at least I presume it was frost, there was ice on a wet mop Iīd left outside. It can be very cold at times in the winter months, but today was the lowest temperature I think we have had. As I came out of San Miguel this afternoon the farmacia thermometer was reading 3 degrees, but by the time the traffic lights changed it had gone to 5 degrees.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Well we do have the rain now, but on the coast as well as the plain.
It looks nice though Clumsy ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top