Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:13 PM

What is wrong with these idiots in charge?!!

What the hell is going on with our Security? Stupid, inept Brussels again as well as our own idiots this side, have for years (which was well known) allowed anyone in Europe to travel into the heart of London without once having to show a passport!

This is all due to the Schengen Agreement, allowing people to travel across Europe without showing passports. Britain is not part of this and travellers are expected to show passports when they board the Eurostar to come here. But the loophole allows passengers to board a Eurostar without identification in Brussels with a ticket to the French city of Lille- but all they need do is stay on the train, get off at Waterloo without any checks at all and wallah! They are here.

Talk about the soft underbelly for Terrorism! It’s unbelievable, yet it has been allowed to continue for years.

Of course the official line denies this but journalist tried it and came through twice within a few days without once being stopped for passport or security checks.

The mind boggles at just how many Ilegal Immigrants and Terrorists have come though.

What the hell is wrong with these idiots in charge??

Your thoughts on this please.

v
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:52 PM

Re: What is wrong with these idiots in charge?!!

When I have travelled on Eurostar I board at Brussels with passport checks and bag searches and get off at St Pacreas again passport checks and customs officers to do random bag checks..

The fact is if people want to commit acts of terror they will regardless of any checks or barriers set to deter them.
Yes checks would make things difficult and of course after Brexit the UK can build its anti EU wall to stop all the nasties getting in.. Hopefully you will all feel safer then.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
When I have travelled on Eurostar I board at Brussels with passport checks and bag searches and get off at St Pacreas again passport checks and customs officers to do random bag checks..

The fact is if people want to commit acts of terror they will regardless of any checks or barriers set to deter them.
Yes checks would make things difficult and of course after Brexit the UK can build its anti EU wall to stop all the nasties getting in.. Hopefully you will all feel safer then.
Most of the "nasties" are already here!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Hi

The Border Security has been slashed.

May was part of this, she was Home Secretary for many years, did not fight her corner.

We are not part of Schengen, it is entirely our own fault.

I have some Polish friends, they stay with me, they arrive at Dover in a LWB Mercedes Sprinter, a few times a year, the van has never been stopped or checked.

Things will not improve when we leave the EU, it is entirely our own fault.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 05:00 PM

Whenever I go to Spain or France I have to show my passport .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What the hell is going on with our Security? Stupid, inept Brussels again as well as our own idiots this side, have for years (which was well known) allowed anyone in Europe to travel into the heart of London without once having to show a passport!

This is all due to the Schengen Agreement, allowing people to travel across Europe without showing passports. Britain is not part of this and travellers are expected to show passports when they board the Eurostar to come here. But the loophole allows passengers to board a Eurostar without identification in Brussels with a ticket to the French city of Lille- but all they need do is stay on the train, get off at Waterloo without any checks at all and wallah! They are here.

Talk about the soft underbelly for Terrorism! It’s unbelievable, yet it has been allowed to continue for years.

Of course the official line denies this but journalist tried it and came through twice within a few days without once being stopped for passport or security checks.

The mind boggles at just how many Ilegal Immigrants and Terrorists have come though.

What the hell is wrong with these idiots in charge??

Your thoughts on this please.

v

Not so, back in 1965, way before we were members of the EU and Schengen wasn't even thought about I boarded a ferry in Newhaven and was able to walk onto it without so much as sign of a Customs or Passport Officer. On arrival in Dieppe, again I was able to disembark and board a train to Paris without a sign of passport or customs officers. Two weeks later, on return yet again I was able to board in Dieppe and disembark the ferry again in Newhaven and never once did I see a customs or passport Officer.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Although those who would wish us harm are probably already here, the government should still make our Border Security a priority now and massively boost the number of staff to protect our borders or we are in deep doo-doo if we aren't already!.

Ever since Tony Bliar took office, followed by Brown, Millipede, Cameron and the monkey on his shoulder Clegg, we have been badly let down regarding the security of this country. Their utter complacency and disregard for people's safety with the slashing of jobs of Border staff will leave a stain forever if something bad should happen and it could have been prevented but for the lack of security.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 07:54 PM

What i don't understand is why we keep troops in barracks when they could be of more use at our border check points

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top