Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Have you had an unusual present?

For my birthday I have received from our eldest girl, a plot of land, NO NOT A GRAVE, it isn't even on this planet. It is on Mars, no doubt they might consider sending me on a one way trip there when I get even more senile!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Re: Have you had an unusual present?

Not really but I've had a very strange past.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

For my birthday I have received from our eldest girl, a plot of land, NO NOT A GRAVE, it isn't even on this planet. It is on Mars, no doubt they might consider sending me on a one way trip there when I get even more senile!
I hope your got Land Registry deeds. Were they in Martian? Sounds like a scam to me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Not an unusual present but possibly the most boring and useless to me.

I got a jigsaw of the Last Supper from my religious brother once.
Considering that on that year he gave my mum a milk saucepan I suppose I ought not to complain.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:03 PM

for my Birthday earlier this month i was given a Bird nesting Box and bird food . I would have prefered something more personal for my self , but to get anything on my birthday I count myself lucky

Tara If i was given a plot of land on Mars i would have thought id been scammed .Hope your daughter didnt pay a lot for it .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->

Tara If i was given a plot of land on Mars i would have thought id been scammed .Hope your daughter didnt pay a lot for it .
Perhaps the plots with ice craters cost most? Ready for a rainy day.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I hope your got Land Registry deeds. Were they in Martian? Sounds like a scam to me.
Of course I have them, but I am a bit concerned that an alien from another planet might also have been sold the same plot of land.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Don't be cynical Tara ... it's the alien who's selling them all.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:21 PM

For my 50th my Brother who has no idea of what to buy for a woman, was a Hand fork and Trowel they were in a presentation box and were of a very good quality make. He new i liked gardening but not to that extreme! This was my 50th and i wanted womanly things
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Oh yes, he who must obey would kill me for divulging this but I still can't help smiling when I think about it.

Three years ago, on my 65th Birthday, he presented me with three gifts. Flowers of course, a beautiful silver coloured pure silk negligee with matching robe and a mysterious gift wrapped box. "what on earth is this?" I asked as I shook it to see if it was chocolates, (I secretly thought I would kill him if it was because he knows I am careful about my weight.)

Anyway, I carefully unwrapped the ribbon and tore the wrapping away to see this strange looking box inside. It looked like a game....yes, it was a game....but not the sort of game you would invite your family to join in with!!!!
It is called MONOGAMY and if you wish to know anymore about it, look it up!! The look on his face was priceless, He looked so pleased with himself and the eager expression on his face...... Of course, I pretended to be really interested and pleased, I even managed to spit out something like...Oooh, we will have to try this game sometime soon".

Needless to say, it is still on the top shelf at the back of my wardrobe, unopened and definitely unplayed!!. He hasn't mentioned it once since so I think he took the hint...not interested, it was okay when I was younger, a size 10 and even 12 and confident enough to walk around showing my body off but for goodness sake, I was then 65, size 14, six kids, stretch marks and now prefer the light out!! :-

Honestly, MEN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top