Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 06:09 PM

'The Affair' Series 3.

Watching the 3rd series of ‘The Affair’ I find it hard to follow
I have never seen any families with so many problems.
Alison, who was full of happiness and joy, even though a she was having an affair with a married man, now never smiles and always looks stressed
They did marry eventually, but now they are divorced and apparently she still loves her first husband, who has got another partner.
First husband also looks down in the dumps the whole time as well

It makes one wonder, if it’s worth a having affairs in the first place, as it usually ends in tears.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Re: 'The Affair' Series 3.

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Watching the 3rd series of ‘The Affair’ I find it hard to follow
I have never seen any families with so many problems.
Alison, who was full of happiness and joy, even though a she was having an affair with a married man, now never smiles and always looks stressed
They did marry eventually, but now they are divorced and apparently she still loves her first husband, who has got another partner.
First husband also looks down in the dumps the whole time as well

It makes one wonder, if it’s worth a having affairs in the first place, as it usually ends in tears.
Azure, l had recorded it but reading your crit, l don't think I'll bother with it!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Never watched it.
But I'm interested to know why the marriage between Alison and her lover failed.
Was he married too?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:27 PM

Artangel

You may have a different view to me.
So why not watch a bit of it and see if it appeals.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

23-01-2017, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Never watched it.
But I'm interested to know why the marriage between Alison and her lover failed.
Was he married too?
In series Two.
Alison and Noah did not seem to get on as before and he had
habit if having a daliance for one night with admiring females so he was not faithful to Alison .
She also visited her first husband and they ended up in bed too,
Some one tried to kill Noah, Alison's lover the author. and he spent some time in hospital. The Police are stiill looking for the culprit. He is out now and staying with a new girl friend but haven't seen much of him yet

Both families seem to be very confused,and so am I as well
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Oh heavens what a mess!

But the old adage..."If a man marries his mistress he creates a vacancy".. doesn't really apply here then?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:24 AM

Unfortunately I only watched two episodes of series three and gave up on it which is a shame because series one and two were excellent. In series three there are too many unnecessary characters and not enough of the original plot.

The directors of apple Tree Yard should have taken notes on this programme on how to film a steamy, atmospheric affair.

Ruth Wilson played the part superbly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top