Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Do You Still Sit Through the Adverts?

I'm guessing a hell of a lot of you do. There's really no need, particularly if you have something like the wonderful Sky+ .

It can't be good for you for one thing.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Re: Do You Still Sit Through the Adverts?

Why can't it be good for me?

Is there a medical reason?

I love the adverts.....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Do you still sit through the adverts?.

Never!

Always begin watching 15 minutes or so after the beginning and whizz whizz through the adverts.
There are often 10 !!!

The trick is to fast forward on the fastest setting and count ten and stop at exactly the right place to resume the programme.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 06:01 PM

NO, just mute them.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 06:11 PM

Yes I too record a lot of stuff and fast forward through the ads, some are quite good , but I've noticed a lot are just rubbish, I sometimes live pause programs, just so I can skip the ads, but then end up catching up and have to sit through them anyway..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 06:15 PM

If it's on a commercial channel I record it then fast forward through them, haven't seen an ad in years...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 06:54 PM

Mute them, if I can be bothered to grab the hoofer doofer!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why can't it be good for me?

Is there a medical reason?

I love the adverts.....
Oh dear! It's too late! Seems like the damage has already been done!

The medical condition is called repetitive brain numbing syndrome.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 08:02 PM

I always record anything I propose to watch so that I can avoid the adverts.

However, I don't usually fast-forward through them. It's much more convenient and quick to skip forward. My recorders have buttons for 60 seconds forward and 10 seconds back.

I find that adverts usually last between four minutes and six minutes, so I press the forward button four times and, if the ads are still playing, I press it again (and again, if necessary). If I overshoot, I just press the back button a couple of times until I get where I want to be.

Coronation Street, for example, invariably has adverts of just over four minutes. Some channels, however, are wise to this and vary the length of their ad breaks to try to foil people such as myself!
Gravitas
North England

09-04-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
NO, just mute them.
You still have to wait five minutes for the next watchable piece. Four times an hour.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top