Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:06 AM

general election 8th June!

OMG Theresa May has just announced an election in June! Thoughts?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Re: general election 8th June!

Annie you have a crystal ball!!

I've got the TV on for May's 11.15am announcement...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:13 AM

My powers of clairvoyance are renowned But I have to admit it was live on the radio. She just came out five mins ago.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:33 AM

It's a good idea....it'll put Labour to rest.

R.I.P Corbyn et al..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:36 AM

Not certain yet!

TM has to put it before parliament first.(tomorrow)

May be just a "wake up"/"Shake up" stratagem!

I wonder whether there will ne a larger or smaller turn out?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:42 AM

An excellent move from the PM. Shut the whingers up for good.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 12:05 PM

Well, it's not confirmed yet as Parliament has to vote for it by a two - thirds majority, but I get the impression that most MPs can see the reason for it
I think that if any MP votes against it, that will be a black mark against them & their party

It surprised me a bit, but I, too, can see the reason for it. There has been so much grumbling & squabbling about Brexit that something needs to be done to clear the air
It will be, in effect, a vote for or against Brexit

Now we'll see just how much support the LibDems can muster
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 12:12 PM

Wow that is not something I expected
Mrs May you have my vote, there is no opposition of any kind for whom I would vote. Fingers crossed for a good majority so we can get on with leaving the EU in a swift and orderly fashion.

If May does get a majority vote tomorrow the run up time will be short so we will be spared months of electioneering.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 12:14 PM

I will be changing my vote this time from UKIP to Conservative.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 12:34 PM

It's certainly a gamble on her part. Should she fail to get the majority she hopes for the country will be in limbo once again with perhaps another coalition which will be an absolute disaster as the likes of Sturgeon, Corbyn and Farron will try and scupper the Brexit negotiations or even try and reverse the outcome of the referendum.

I see already that a puffed-up Tim Farron is claiming a vote for the Limp-Dems is a chance to `change direction`. I can foresee all the remainers turning out in force just to vote for that very reason. I, for one will be voting Conservative, not because I want to, but because I feel I have to to see my referendum Out vote actually mean something.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top