Join for free
Paddy
New Member!
Nottinghamshire UK
Paddy is male 

26-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Night prowling fox.

This bold young fox was prowling around the garden looking for food. He came closer and closer until he was just a few feet away. I took this shot with no flash so as not to scare him. What DID scare him away, was our two cats moving in on him in a pincer movement. He watched warily until a cat was approaching slowly from either side, then quickly dashed off with the cats in short pursuit.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	3207  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 12:47 PM

Re: Night prowling fox.

Good picture Paddy.

I know I have said it before, but you really do have a lovely garden too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:28 PM

Foxes would love my garden but we don't get any here, Paddy.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:46 PM

Lovely picture and a healthy looking fox. We have a foxes den at the end of ours. Used every year. I have seen only 2 small cubs over the years but one larger one during a hot morning a couple of weeks ago. Sunbathing on the lawn. When he got up he was scratching like there was no tomorrow. His mum or dad would often be seen during the day , which I find strange.
What I do find amusing, is that toys and balls appear on the lawn in different places ,overnight. I assume they find them to play with.

Your garden is rather nice

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top