Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 09:44 AM

overseas weddings

You may well know someone planning on getting married in some exotic far away Island. There is a hidden problem most are not aware of.

What is it? marriage certificates. If they don't get several copies at the time in a lot of places it is very hard to get a copy .

Someone I knew was seeking a divorce and his other half had the marriage certificate and would not let him have it . She used it as a means of getting to pay for things even though they stopped living together. He tried to get a copy of the wedding certificate from one of these far off places and couldn't, so he was stuck. From what I understand you need proof of marriage for a divorce.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Re: overseas weddings

I always wonder about the legality of marriage if you get married abroad.
I remember, Mick Jagger wasn't legally married to Jerry Hall as their marriage in Bali wasn't legally binding.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:14 AM

I remember someone I worked with years ago who was divorced and was getting married abroad, all the paperwork she had to fill in so that they could. It was touch and go to get everything sorted out in time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:45 PM

I got married in Belize the wedding certificates are nothing to write home about and all look like photocopies.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top