Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Shameless Corbyn At It Again

Not content with using the Grenfell Tower tragedy for political game scoring the shameless Looney Labour leader has been berated now for trying the same thing with a primary school in Telford.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...hool-comments/

"Following the visit, Mr Corbyn tweeted to say: " I visited Newdale Primary School in Telford, which is facing further cutbacks. Labour will end the Conservatives cuts to our schools"

But once again the duplicitous Corbyn has been found out to be utterly clueless on the actual facts and figures which Telford's MP Lucy Allan was keen to highlight.

"In her letter, Ms Allan said: "During your visit to Telford, you visited one of our excellent primary schools.

"I am delighted you had the opportunity to see first hand what a fantastic school it is. In Telford we are very proud of this school and all it has achieved for our children.

I was saddened that you used our school to make inaccurate party political remarks from your Twitter feed attacking the Conservative party.

You claimed wrongly that the school was subject to Conservative funding cuts.

Almost all schools in Telford benefitted from an increase in funding under the Government's proposed changes including the school you visited.

This is easy to check on the Department of Education website.

In Telford we are proud of our schools and our children. We are pleased to show them to our visitors.

We do not welcome people using our schools or our children for tribal political games. I am sure on reflection you regret using this lovely community in this way."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Re: Shameless Corbyn At It Again

They must be only school getting more and happy with funding then !
Schools shouldn't be political IMO not labour not Tory. But unless they are separated they are a legitimate subject for the parties to argue about.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top