Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:22 PM

Brexit -no Better Off

Do Brexit supporters really understand what they are giving upNo more cheap labouri.e ward cleaners domestic staff etc,if british workers agree to do it they will want higher pay,more expense for the NHS .No more cheap holidays abroad, travellers will once again have to have passports checked at border controls.pets will not have EU passports so may have to face quarantine even if they come form Europe.Ireland will be split 2 separate Countrieswithh a border control.Ex pats will have to come home.Whoever we trade with in future will want free movement for their citizens so immigration will not go down.
Not all bad came from Europe,they banned certain colouring in sweets/drinks,insisted on fire retardant furniture.So how are we going to be better ?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:32 PM

Re: Brexit -no Better Off

The sooner we are out the better.
We originally joined the common market for trading purposes.

Trouble is, it stealthily morphed into what it is now. A bunch of unelected control freaks, who want an all controlling EU superstate. That's not what we signed up for.

Maybe instead of people pissing and moaning that we're leaving, how about at least "trying" to have some confidence that we could do well without them and stick together??

The decision has been made, maybe the remoaners should remember this and accept democracy instead of bleating on like a bunch of kids that didn't get their own way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Do Brexit supporters really understand what they are giving upNo more cheap labouri.e ward cleaners domestic staff etc,if british workers agree to do it they will want higher pay,more expense for the NHS .No more cheap holidays abroad, travellers will once again have to have passports checked at border controls.pets will not have EU passports so may have to face quarantine even if they come form Europe.Ireland will be split 2 separate Countrieswithh a border control.Ex pats will have to come home.Whoever we trade with in future will want free movement for their citizens so immigration will not go down.
Not all bad came from Europe,they banned certain colouring in sweets/drinks,insisted on fire retardant furniture.So how are we going to be better ?
Deylon not sure where you got this information from but it sounds like a lot of scaremongering nonsense to me .
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Deylon not sure where you got this information from but it sounds like a lot of scaremongering nonsense to me .
I could elaborate on every point, but I really can't be bothered Meg. Some will never see the wood for the trees.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Okay Deylon.....Lets have a look.....

(1) Who said that we won't employ foreign workers when necessary? Nobody objects to people coming here who are prepared to work and pay their way....

(2) I can remember travelling abroad before we were members of the EU. We moved around Europe quite easily, and even now you still have to produce your passport despite being members of the EU. And flights might be a little bit more expensive in the outset, but no doubt they will fall back into line eventually. Bums on seats trumps international penalties.

(3) Animals should not be allowed to travel abroad without quarantine for a six month period anyway.

(4) Ireland has always been split into two long before the EU, it might even be better to allow Ireland to unite anyway.

(5) Expats will not have to come home, there are many people from outside the EU living happily inside the EU they are not being asked to leave the EU.

(6) No country in the world should not have the right to decide who enters their country and who does not.....If countries wish to trade with us this should be understood....There are many countries with whom we trade who have effective border controls, why would you expect that they would not respect ours.

(7) Remember 'British Standards' Deylon? some of our standards were more stringent that the ones in place by the EU.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
the sooner we are out the better.
We originally joined the common market for trading purposes.

Trouble is, it stealthily morphed into what it is now. A bunch of unelected control freaks, who want an all controlling eu superstate. That's not what we signed up for.

Maybe instead of people pissing and moaning that we're leaving, how about at least "trying" to have some confidence that we could do well without them and stick together??

The decision has been made, maybe the remoaners should remember this and accept democracy instead of bleating on like a bunch of kids that didn't get their own way.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
.....And again....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

04-08-2017, 10:04 PM

@ OGF post #5 - well said buddy.......
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I could elaborate on every point, but I really can't be bothered Meg. Some will never see the wood for the trees.
Very true, you are one of them.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

04-08-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Very true, you are one of them.
Purwell me old mate. How are you?

Still an expert on the old one liners with no further elaboration I see!
Keep 'em coming mate - nice and quick to read (and ignore) - doesn't waste too much of my life....

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top