Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Are Kisses Necessary On A Text Or Message/Email?

Why has it become the thing to add x's on most things you write?
I'm not being uncaring but it's enough for me to imput the letters never mind adding the x's!
If we end a call on a mobile or telephone, we don't pucker up our lips and make kissing noises!
I know it's a modern thing and l understand adding kisses for family but not for every Tom, Dick and Harry!
What do you think? Do you add them to everything?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:46 AM

Re: Are Kisses Necessary On A Text Or Message/Email?

Well I don't know every Tom, Dick and Harry but I am sure there are a few I would make the effort for.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:47 AM

I'm actually consciously beginning not to!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:49 AM

OH likes it and in answer to a text he will send xxx to show me received and understood.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:50 AM

I have to admit we've been known to throw a kiss through the phone line a mmmwaah and love you often ends our phone calls to each other
I'm a bit of a xxxxs fan, when I send messages to people I love, whatever medium I'm using.

My husband doesn't have much time to text or phone when he's working so I often get a text from him just saying xxxx to remind me he is thinking of me and loves me still.

I think these devices we use these days can be used in many ways and ours are well used to spread the love
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I don't know every Tom, Dick and Harry but I am sure there are a few I would make the effort for.
With my finger as l can only text with my middle finger, I end up doing cc instead of xx!
Then l have to check first if they've added a kiss/kisses. If they have, l feel churlish if l don't add them to match!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have to admit we've been known to throw a kiss through the phone line a mmmwaah and love you often ends our phone calls to each other
I'm a bit of a xxxxs fan, when I send messages to people I love, whatever medium I'm using.

My husband doesn't have much time to text or phone when he's working so I often get a text from him just saying xxxx to remind me he is thinking of me and loves me still.

I think these devices we use these days can be used in many ways and ours are well used to spread the love
Yes, Julie. I understand adding them for your family but find it strange adding them to messages to people l have never met!
It's the 'norm' now to add them, the same as it's the 'norm' to hug nearly everyone you meet!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:00 AM

I must admit I often put a 'x' a the end of a message too - depending on who I'm talking to of course.

It hasn't got to be family either, it might just be a friend, you don't just care about family after all. In fact most of my family couldn't give two hoots for me!

I also put an 'x' on a goodnight message, or if I have teased them about something. If a friend has had a tough time I would put a hug or 'x' too.

So there are quite a few reasons I use them. I am an affectionate person anyway, so it is only the same as I would do in 'real life' if I was leaving them.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:03 AM

To me it depends entirely on the nature of the message/email
If it's of a personal nature then yes I'd add ONE x after it

I find internal emails at work the most difficult to sign off because some members of staff are close friends too..
I've taken to adding a smiley emoji at the end of theirs which seems to be acceptable!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:19 AM

Before we had the technology I mistakenly ended a letter to our bank manager love and kisses xxx that caused a bit of hilarity. Didn't get us the loan but apparently made his day

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top