Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:29 AM

Get Out Of That One Then!!

Had to chuckle watching the news this morning. Apparently, an American woman lost her precious diamond ring that her husband had saved long and hard to buy for her 15 years ago while pottering in their vegetable garden.
After a fruitless search for it, she was too embarrassed to confess to her husband because he had always nagged her for wearing it whilst doing tasks. So she sneakily went out and had a cheap copy made and the husband never suspected a thing.

Cue fifteen years later, husband is digging up some carrots from the garden when he came upon a really weird shaped carrot that had had it's growth stumped - because of a diamond ring wrapped around the entire centre of the misshapen carrot!!

Talk about being caught out! I wouldn't like to have been her!

Have you ever been caught out doing something that has come back to catch you out?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Re: Get Out Of That One Then!!

I would have been overjoyed if I had found it again after all those years.
Perhaps hubby was just glad it turned up even though he hadn't known it was missing.

All's well that ends well as they say.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:46 AM

My husband never notices what I wear, which is good, especially as I have no interest in dressing up. As long as my clothes are clean, tidy and comfortable, that is all that matters to me. Apart from wearing a time controlled watch, a wedding ring, and a ring with my family crest on it, I have no interest in jewellery.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:46 AM

I lost my engagement ring shortly after I married. Despite hunting high and low I could not find it. Like the woman in the first post, I did not want to tell my husband. However, i had my mother's engagement ring from my late father which was almost identical to mine. So I put that on, and later in the week when I was changing our bed and found my ring under the mattress. Obviously it had come off when tucking in the sheet.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 11:18 AM

I have some expensive pieces of jewellery I have either been given or inherited, which I never wear, but I will pass on to my only granddaughter when she is old enough to wear them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 12:18 PM

That's a wonderful story, I remember years ago mind disappeared down our sink and my husband having to virtually unplumb the sink to get it back.

I actually rarely wear rings they always get me into trouble, so it's just a plain steel band for a wedding ring on my finger. But I do like brooches, earrings and necklaces. My pearls (not real) are always my go to set to wear.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2017, 01:47 PM

I forgot I do wear earrings (studs).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 01:49 PM

My pearls are only studs I own I'm a bit of a dangly fan. Bet lynch the kids call me when I've got my hot air balloon earrings on or my dinky chandeliers
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My pearls are only studs I own I'm a bit of a dangly fan. Bet lynch the kids call me when I've got my hot air balloon earrings on or my dinky chandeliers
I detest the feel of dangly earrings, so never wear them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-08-2017, 03:10 PM

Luckily there are enough earrings out there to keep us all happy T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top