Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Neighbour's Behaving Badly! Have You Ever Had One?

Reading about Meg's neighbour's son, reminded me of an odd neighbour!
I was married at the time and over the road lived a very respectable spinster in her early fifties who lived with her father. She had only ever said a few words before but started waylaying my husband and our neighbour's husband.
She would visit our neighbour's house in the evening and stay for hours, so they stopped answering the door to her.
Then she started knocking on our door and we invited her in. Again, she would stay for hours but was only interested in talking to my husband!
It became too much so when she knocked this one evening, my polite husband didn't invite her in but spoke to her on the doorstep.
He was there for quite a while, so l went towards the front door and was shocked to see a silhouette of them in each other's arms!
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but l knew he was the innocent one and that it was her that had grabbed him!
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Re: Neighbour's Behaving Badly! Have You Ever Had One?

What a lonely life she must have led.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:26 AM

We once had a neighbour who would knock at our door a couple of times a week, get invited in, then would sit and talk about herself for a couple of hours, then leave. She never listened to a word we said. In fact we could have been listening to music on headphones and she wouldn't have noticed. Eventually, I just stopped answering the door until she got the message.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:42 AM

Hi

Yes, but not in that way.

When the Mother of my children left I was totally distraught, went to live with Mum for a while, she was moving house to a much smaller one.

The next door neighbours were arses, they parked a skip on her drive and three nice, polite requests from me to remove it where ignored.

I was not in my usual frame of mind then, I was a wreck.

Normally it would not have been an issue.

The skip was removed, full of builders rubble and parked on the next door neighbours drive.

Unfortunately their car was on their drive with the skip on top of it.

They did not report it to the Police.

Mum had no further trouble from them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 12:01 PM

When we first married in 1969, we bought a bungalow in a village not far from Chesterfield in Derbyshire, where my husband had his first teaching post.

In the bungalow opposite ours was a couple and a young boy from the man's first marriage. We hadn't been living there for long before the woman in her late 40s early 50s, who appeared to be older than her husband, told me how awful her marriage was. I was only 19 and found that extremely embarrassing.

Her husband would come over to chat to mine wherever he was out in the garden, which my chap found irritating. If I went into the garden the neighbour would disappear back to his own property. So I was instructed to go out and rescue my husband each time the nuisance from across the road put in an appearance.

One evening, when my husband arrived home on the bus, the man appeared to be waiting for him, and grabbed his briefcase, and said he would carry it home for my husband. As you can imagine that really made my husband annoyed, and he grabbed it back again and marched home, leaving the neighbour running behind him!

One thing we noticed was that quite a number of boys visited their bungalow, but thought nothing of it thinking they were friends of the young lad. It was only after we hadn't seen the man for a few months, which was very unusual, we heard from another neighbour that he had been a guest of Her Majesty for a several months after being convicted of sexually assaulting young boys!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 04:17 PM

My worst neighbour was a young man of around 17/18 yrs of age. I bought a new build in Wickford and was working nights. I was woken daily by this nutter running up and down the stairs next door screaming and swearing. I could hear him as clear as a whistle. In the end things were not getting any better and I was not sleeping.I was walking about like a bear with a sore head. I decided to front him and knocked on his door his father said the kid had Manic Depression and Schizophrenia.
I told him that I feel for him but this is not getting me any sleep perhaps he should be in a mental institute. This of course lead to us falling out and within a few days me banging again. This time no answer called the police and they came round and had a word with him. Next day same thing. In the end I went for him and his father with a golf iron and got a warning from the old bill.
The irritating thing was it was a smashing house which I had also spent alot of extra added money on. So I put it on the market and it sold so quickly making me a small profit, but I went back to see friends a few months later and the neighbours from hell had also sold up.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 04:25 PM

I hate neighbours .
Best to get a detached house of possible and never share a drive .
My present neighbour is an AH who has two many cars for goodness sake he and his family have six cars which they park everywhere it's like Piccadilly Circus .
Fortunately we dont share a drive but he's a complete blot on the avenue ,
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 04:35 PM

When I was young, our worst (or best?) neighbors were a seperated couple who would have outrageous arguments in front of their house. It was not unusual for there to be objects thrown and tires slashed. When the melee would start, we would race outside to watch the antics.

Tired of the commotion and the fact that we children were develping a too-lengthy and robust catalog of the foulest of words, my mother decided to put a stop to it.

Imagine our surprise when the next battle occurred and suddenly all of the mothers on the street rushed out with their lawn chairs and snacks, and formed a semi-circle around their driveway to watch the scene...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Our neighbours who are not normally noisy, had a few friends round last night and were playing guitars until about 11:30. Not a problem for us because we rarely go to bed before that time. The worst thing is, I was quite envious and wished I could join them complete with my guitar. It sounded like they were having a great time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 08:01 PM

Yes, a situation developed whilst we were trying to move house, the ins and outs would take all night to go into, suffice to say, it cost a lot of money in improvements, we knew, we would never benefit from to enable us to move.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top