Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Beepers...

Have you got them at a property near you? Maybe you do it?

You know the ones....it's the visitors who Beep Beep their horn when leaving... even though they've all stood outside saying ta ra for goodness knows how long.

It always seems to be two Beeps - why do it once when two will do.

So come on own up..
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Re: Beepers...

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Have you got them at a property near you? Maybe you do it?

You know the ones....it's the visitors who Beep Beep their horn when leaving... even though they've all stood outside saying ta ra for goodness knows how long.

It always seems to be two Beeps - why do it once when two will do.

So come on own up..
Yes Pesta that is really bad form.
I can't own up because I don't drive and we don't have a car!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:46 PM

Yes Pesta, I must say that irritates me too.

It is indeed as you say. They do all the hugs and kisses, kids wave goodbye 10 times, grandma waves back 20 times, kids all hug each other, parents hug grandparents, then another round of waves and hugs .... eventually they all get in the cars after waving yet again and as they finally pull slowly away ........... Beep Beep ...... and they all start waving again to another load of Beeps!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Beep beep makes me go Beep beep and want to shove that beeper somewhere painful.. I think its the height of bad manners by inconsiderate morons who have no clue about the highway code and the rules about where and when to use the beeper.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:21 PM

One beep sounds like an angry warning
Two beeps has a nice toot toot jolly vibe!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 10:23 PM

Cripes!
I think I may have just swallowed an Enid Blyton book
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 05:42 PM

And each car has about ten doors! My bedroom backs onto our carpark and I often get disturbed this way. It's when they stand about chatting and laughing, no matter the time of night, that gets me.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Although the bungalows where I live are set back from the road, because of the school next door we have right opposite a 1 lane priority traffic calming measure where traffic coming away from the school have right of way. So if someone doesn't give way its not just a beep beep its more of a driver virtually holding the horn on till the offender passes.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 07:51 PM

Cant say Ive heard them for quite a while.I cant own up'cos I dont drive and dont have a car.The annoying ones around here are the noisy motor bikes/scooters that whiz round several times a night
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 07:58 PM

Hi

My next door neighbour often gets home at between 2 and 3 in the morning and opens his car door with the music blasting out and then slams all the doors.

I return the compliment at 5 in the morning if I am going fishing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top