Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 03:26 PM

May's Big Speech

Hi

Tomorrow all is revealed, Theresa May is travelling to Florence to make her big speech on Brexit.

Present in the room will be various Cabinet Ministers and Government Officials all flown out at our Expense.

Nobody from the EU will be present to hear it.

The question must be asked, why is she doing this?

Much cheaper just to deliver it outside Downing Street.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Re: May's Big Speech

Cant wait for the Cons conference it may get a bit bloody.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 04:08 PM

Maybe they will all stay out there.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:19 AM

I'm agog with anticipation. A bit anyway.

I have a feeling that whatever she's going to say isn't going to be particularly well received by the EU negotiating team who might be justifiably peeved at not being invited to Florence. I think Barnier has said that they won't be commenting publicly on the speech.

She should have been breve enough to accept the invitation to speak at the EU Parliament. What a wimp.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Just as well TM is taking some of her officials and cabinet 'nodding donkeys', since it would appear that no-one else in the EU is the slightest bit interested in what she has to say and without those scumbag 'nasty party' 'nodding donkeys, she would be speaking to an empty hall!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7959396.html
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 11:07 AM

I have to disagree. I think the EU is very interested in what she has to say. How can they not be?

There's no chance of her speaking to an empty hall since the audience has been carefully selected and it's by invitation only. Had anyone from the EU organisation been invited I think they'd probably have gone along.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:19 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

Needless to say, I'm hoping that she will treat the EU's blackmail ransom demands with the contempt they deserve.

Realistically, though, I shouldn't be at all surprised if she weakens and sells us down the river.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

Needless to say, I'm hoping that she will treat the EU's blackmail ransom demands with the contempt they deserve.

Realistically, though, I shouldn't be at all surprised if she weakens and sells us down the river.
Hi

She has no back up plan and that is the real problem.

The No Deal bluff has been called.

I am no UKIP supporter, however Carswell has hit the nail on the head.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/governme...xit-back-plan/

We are having, emphasis on having, to ask for a transition period, entirely our own fault, and for that we are going to get seriously stung.

This should not have happened.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She has no back up plan and that is the real problem.
How do you know?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Because they don't call her mayhem for her excellent planning skills

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top