Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:24 PM

Do you find yourself nodding off at odd times?

This has been happening to me quite a bit lately as I'm on codeine for a trapped nerve in my neck.

I've nodded off whilst on my computer, after my supper and other times of the day.

I've been sleeping well but am always awake and up early at 6am or so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:30 PM

Re: Do you find yourself nodding off at odd times?

All the time when watching TV
I have to keep rewinding programmes to see bits I have missed while dozing of and I sometimes have to do this 3 or 4 times giving up in the end until I am less sleepy.

I have even nodded off while sitting on my stool at the computer
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:33 PM

I do make sure I'm wide awake when I'm cooking something...I did burn my kitchen down in an alcohol related fugue in 2012.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Amount of opiates I take it amazes me I'm awake at any time but oddly they don't make me sleepy. I only nod off during the day when I've had an early start 4am seeing my husband off wipes me out later in the day so he prefers I sleep in and not say good morning, but I like to say take care and drive carefully I'm convinced something awful will happen if I don't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:14 PM

Hi

Only very rarely, and that is when I have to take one of my very strong pills.

They affect me even the day after, so I avoid taking them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Yes I do, but not often. Usually half way through the day, when I've been up at some really early hour to go somewhere.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:31 PM

Sometimes .....

Usually after a long walk or a meal but occasionally for no reason at all .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
All the time when watching TV
I have to keep rewinding programmes to see bits I have missed while dozing of and I sometimes have to do this 3 or 4 times giving up in the end until I am less sleepy.

I have even nodded off while sitting on my stool at the computer

So have I Meg.

I usually read while I am eating my dinner too, and if I carry on reading while I am having a cuppa afterwards, I often nod off at the table.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 04:08 PM

I get extremely tired at all sorts of times of the day however come night times
Hey, wide awake time. I've tried to regulate myself but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I've become a vampire.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Of course !! It comes with age you know I find that I can snooze for an hour after breakfast and again after lunch. I then carry on in a fully conscious state till I switch on the TV, then I sometimes nod off and miss the prog. that I wanted to watch. So glad there's "Replay" and "iPlayer"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top