Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 09:15 AM

Labour in Power

Three weeks after the election a coalition government in New Zealand has been formed. It comprises the Labour Party , New Zealand First and the Greens - the latter guaranteeing supply.

The Liberals ended up with the most seats but not a majority so there has been some tough negotiations going on with Labour securing a deal.

Cutting back on immigration is the first policy announced.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Re: Labour in Power

Hope that works well for you Bruce. I'm not sure if your labour is like ours but I'm hoping for a labour win here next time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hope that works well for you Bruce. I'm not sure if your labour is like ours but I'm hoping for a labour win here next time.
It won't affect me much we don't have a Federal election for a year or so. This is the new Kiwi government.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Three weeks after the election a coalition government in New Zealand has been formed. It comprises the Labour Party , New Zealand First and the Greens - the latter guaranteeing supply.

Cutting back on immigration is the first policy announced.
Your Labour party is the complete antithesis of ours, then.

Ours would like as many Africans and Arabs as they can get to come here. They also seem in favour of terrorists, going by Compo's attraction to IRA killers at any rate.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Your Labour party is the complete antithesis of ours, then.

Ours would like as many Africans and Arabs as they can get to come here. They also seem in favour of terrorists, going by Compo's attraction to IRA killers at any rate.
You talk out of your arse.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You talk out of your arse.
Didn't quite catch that.
Can you pull your butt cheeks further apart before you talk in future, then we can hear you. Thanks!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top