Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 02:12 PM

Bull greyhounds?

I set up a search looking at dogs and I'm getting quite a few notifications about bull greyhounds.
One advert looked definitely dodgy as the photo showed a young guy with his hood pulled up concealing most of his face holding the dog for the photographs. I may be doing the guy a disservice but does anyone know if these are being bred for fighting. Greyhounds usually have a laid back temperament but there seem to be so many of these bull greyhounds being advertised. I'm not saying that they are using a staffie for introducing fierceness into the breed as I have no experience with these dogs and despite seeing lots of staffies for sale have read that they are not a dangerous dog despite the bad press they get. I have to be honest that when I told my ex I had been looking at both greyhounds and staffies she went into panic mode.
Tpin. I hope your about and can advise me on this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 04:22 PM

Re: Bull greyhounds?

I think they are used more for lamping than fighting. But lamping is as bad IMO
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think they are used more for lamping than fighting. But lamping is as bad IMO
Ok I see. But then why are they trying to sell these dogs as pets or am I mistaken and the adverts are for people in the know who are looking for this type of dog.

I'm wondering now whether to go back to looking for a small dog. I've been looking at chihuahuas as well but they are so expensive. King Charles spaniels are very appealing too.
Lots of staffies looking for homes but I don't know anything about them apart from the bad press.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Ok I see. But then why are they trying to sell these dogs as pets or am I mistaken and the adverts are for people in the know who are looking for this type of dog.

I'm wondering now whether to go back to looking for a small dog. I've been looking at chihuahuas as well but they are so expensive. King Charles spaniels are very appealing too.
Lots of staffies looking for homes but I don't know anything about them apart from the bad press.

Money, MC, that's why!
Personally, I would not touch that cross, especially not even seeing the temperament of both parents. You have a combination of both power and speed there, why would you want that in a pet dog?

If you are going for a pedigree, I would advise making sure you do your research on any breed's potential health problems first, so you know what to ask about.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 12:14 PM

If you want a yappy little thing that rules the house get a chihuahua, our Betty is perfect for us but they aren't for the faint hearted or anyone wanting to be the boss

You ask why they say pets ? Well they can't say lamping dog or fighter they'd get arrested. They assume you know what you are getting I guess.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top