Join for free
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:49 PM

euphonasia for the old in our NHS - is it happening poll ?

euphonasia for the old in our NHS ? 19.11.17

this is on stepping stones

on the NHS not going rogue

exceeding excellent care head to toe and all bones

only praise to NHS from no news papers to vogue.

step in a source

can not and will not identify

to the cemetery is the force

ward nurses admit but afraid to testify.

it is a crime that's heinous

time money and work load is the saviour

the first trick is to withdraw the intravenous

straight away a change in behavior.

more medication

your loved one is so sleepy

all are desperate with no realization

its NHS corruption and its running deeply.

you get the call that's dreaded

still thankful our NHS is not in asia

would it be more humane to have beheaded

the question is are old people and the NHS euphonasia.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Re: euphonasia for the old in our NHS - is it happening poll ?

Not sure what "euphonasia" is, does it involve a smart phone app?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Having begged for an end to the suffering of three of my closest relatives euthanasia can't come soon enough IMO

Comes a point a person isn't going to get better so why allow them to be in pain for the last few days ? My dad had 4 days of whimpering and crying in pain, my grandad was very distressed thought he saw the devil and had fear and pain for 4 days and my nan drowned in her own fluids as her lung filled with fluid, I'd not wish that on anyone 4 days of struggling to breath unable to talk unable to eat or drink.

If we did that to a dog we'd be prosecuted !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not sure what "euphonasia" is, does it involve a smart phone app?
It sounds like (from the Greek) a good phone from an Asian country.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Having begged for an end to the suffering of three of my closest relatives euthanasia can't come soon enough IMO

Comes a point a person isn't going to get better so why allow them to be in pain for the last few days ? My dad had 4 days of whimpering and crying in pain, my grandad was very distressed thought he saw the devil and had fear and pain for 4 days and my nan drowned in her own fluids as her lung filled with fluid, I'd not wish that on anyone 4 days of struggling to breath unable to talk unable to eat or drink.

If we did that to a dog we'd be prosecuted !

I read a very interesting article on this subject recently Julie, written by a respected veterinary surgeon.

And you are right, if it were an animal who was not only 'allowed' to suffer, but MADE to suffer, we would be prosecuted.
Even more, the veterinary surgeon responsible would also be struck off by the RCVS.

So isn't it ironic that a human doctor would be prosecuted for stopping the suffering, degradation, and utter despair!

Why should a desperately ill person have the worry of trying to fund and cope with the long journey to Switzerland, away from his home and family, before he is listened to.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Having watched more than one person die in agony, gasping for breath I certainly think we should have more choice about how we die. With my father the nurse must have known that giving him an injection of antibiotics or painkillers when she did would cause the body to give up. He had been unconscious for two days and died soon after. I still think she wanted to end his suffering.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read a very interesting article on this subject recently Julie, written by a respected veterinary surgeon.

And you are right, if it were an animal who was not only 'allowed' to suffer, but MADE to suffer, we would be prosecuted.
Even more, the veterinary surgeon responsible would also be struck off by the RCVS.

So isn't it ironic that a human doctor would be prosecuted for stopping the suffering, degradation, and utter despair!

Why should a desperately ill person have the worry of trying to fund and cope with the long journey to Switzerland, away from his home and family, before he is listened to.
Couldn't agree more, our vet is a caring man he cried when he had to put molliepops down but he saw it as stopping her pain and suffering so had to do it. I can never understand human doctors not seeing it that way. They seem to prefer to pump in pain killers that don't always stop the pain. Palliative care they say is marvellous, but I saw my dad at the end and he wasn't pain free at all. They shut him in an end bedroom well away from everyone so they couldn't see him in such terrible pain.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top