Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 10:10 AM

Appalling behaviour By hunting lot

What ghastly people and that poor horse the woman can't ride for toffee

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:33 AM

Re: Appalling behaviour By hunting lot

That nasty, vindictive woman deserves the same treatment as she gave her horse.
However, I am not in the least surprised as I have seen many similar Hunt v Sabs videos.

An interesting part of an article from the League here:

WHY DO PEOPLE GO FOX HUNTING?

Early fox hunting with packs of hounds first emerged in the UK in the late 1600s. While in some cases foxes were hunted to stop them from killing livestock, the ‘thrill of the chase’ became a sport in its own right. The excitement of the ride plus the social and apparently glamourous aspects of hunt gatherings established hunting as a fixture of the countryside. But these were the reasons why it flourished, no other.

The suggestion that fox hunting is about ‘pest control’ can be dismissed very quickly by the fact that hunts have been caught capturing and raising foxes purely so they can then be hunted. In May 2015, a League investigation revealed 16 terrified fox cubs held captive in a barn linked to a fox hunt in Yorkshire. We rescued them, took them to a vet, and sadly one died, but we released the others to safety. We are proud to have protected those foxes.

While the scale of this fox ‘factory’ was shocking, it’s not an isolated case. In December 2015, League Investigators released a fox found locked in a building near to where the Belvoir Hunt was meeting. It is worth mentioning that a few months later, while monitoring the same hunt, our Investigators were brutally attacked, leaving one with a broken neck, which we believe was retaliation for us rescuing this fox.

And
-

Scientific evidence shows that the animals targeted in hunting suffer physical and mental stress when chased by a hunt - whether or not they are eventually killed.

The Burns Report produced in the year 2000 stated that “There is a lack of firm scientific evidence about the effect on the welfare of a fox of being closely pursued, caught and killed above ground by hounds. We are satisfied, nevertheless, that this experience seriously compromises the welfare of the fox.” That is one of the reasons hunting with dogs for sport was banned in Britain over a decade ago.

Foxes naturally escape predators by going underground, but hunts employ staff to block up these escape routes the morning before a hunt meet, forcing an unnaturally long chase. If someone is found guilty of blocking a badger sett, it is often done for this reason.

If a fox does succeed in escaping underground, hunt followers send terriers down the hole to trap the fox while they dig it out and then shoot it. Again, the Burns Report concluded that the inability to escape dogs underground causes the fox ‘extreme fear’ and is a ‘serious compromise of its welfare.’

Autopsies reveal hunted foxes are not killed quickly, but endure numerous bites and tears to their flanks and hindquarters - causing enormous suffering before death. Foxes forced to face terriers underground can suffer injuries to the face, head and neck, as can the terriers.

The hunters are scum as far as I'm concerned.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That nasty, vindictive woman deserves the same treatment as she gave her horse.
However, I am not in the least surprised as I have seen many similar Hunt v Sabs videos.
She was whipping one of the Sabs as well, not unheard of, cruel people who should be ashamed of themselves.
Don't forget that our illustrious Prime Minister supports fox hunting although she was talked out of trying to get the present law overturned.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:27 PM

I'm totally against fox hunting and its advocates. That woman should be charged with assault.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:40 PM

I have done my share of poaching in the past but I am against any killing for fun which is what fox hunting is.
Anything that i shot or netted went in the pot.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Appalling behaviour from the saboteurs as well.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

21-11-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Appalling behaviour from the saboteurs as well.
How do you work that out?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
How do you work that out?

I'm glad you asked that.
That's what I wondered too.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 07:07 PM

They were there solely to sabotage the hunt.

They were trespassing on private property, they were, by their very presence, being provocative and took great pleasure in videoing what was going on.

At the end of the video, they boasted they stopped the hunt. My question is, what hunt did they stop, considering fox hunting is banned.

Did they see any hounds? Did they see any evidence of hunting foxes?

Did they stop a drag hunt, which is perfectly legal?

All they were there for was to cause trouble - plain and simple.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 07:15 PM

They were not trapassing on the road .
It's is illegal to hunt and this has been flouted shamelessly all over the country.
I don't think it was a drag hunt .
Drag hints don't carry animals ( terriers or foxes ) on the back of quad bikes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top