Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:01 AM

should you expect sexual harassment at work ?

harassment survey 11.12.17

welcome to my survey

its going to be a shiner

we have no time to delay

just going to rub your vagina.

i no you are in need

probably first job and naive

a few subtle hints are the seed

this gentleman will prepare for your receive.

let me explain hardship

as a director i to did experience

over me highgate had a firm grip

they used and abused because of convenience.

now a turn

seen my force

even if the village i still yearn

i no not appropriate is the poetry sauce.

harassment in any form

it is wrong

sorry but it will always be the norm

business and power ensure it will always belong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42252071
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Re: should you expect sexual harassment at work ?

One lives in hope...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:04 AM

No! Culprits would regret it !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 12:45 PM

I work alone id have to harass myself
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 12:53 PM

No, in over fifty years of working I never experienced unwanted attention. I spent eight years, as the only woman, working with eighteen men. Never a word or action out of place. Perhaps no-one fancied me...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:03 PM

I think we all have different levels of what is acceptable, but there is no way I wouldn't report it if I felt they had gone too far ( having told them on a previous occasion that it wasn't acceptable)

How can you have any respect for yourself if you accept somebody disrespecting you in this manner?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Only time I was touched inappropriately was putting bins out one night when I cleaned a school, caretaker decided to grab my bum, I think it took him a couple of hours to find his testicles as I'd kicked him so hard. Silly to creep up on someone on the dark.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 01:59 PM

As a builder working on site it wasn't expected nor wanted.

It's strange how one regrets career choices sometimes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 03:32 PM

I never expected it but it was fun.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
No, in over fifty years of working I never experienced unwanted attention. I spent eight years, as the only woman, working with eighteen men. Never a word or action out of place. Perhaps no-one fancied me...
People are now much wiser in their attitudes to harassment, discrimination and how they conduct themselves in the workplace than, say, in the 1970s-80s when anything was "acceptable".

It depends on the level of harassment of course, but a slightly mistaken 'brush' against a member of the opposite (or same) sex or a pat on the arm for instance, should be discarded as nothing more than a workplace occurence. Stroking a collegue's leg - or worse - has some clout about it and that then should be up to the individual to take things further.

On my night shift, there are 17 blokes and one young lady, a lithuanian. Although she is (a) not British and (b) rather attractive, absolutely none of us would dream of any unnecessary verbal or physical intereference towards her. She is a great young woman who mixes very well with all of us as an equal member of our team.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top