Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:04 PM

Theory on why dogs like me lol

I was just going to wash my jacket so emptying the pockets I've a roll of poo bags and three bags of biscuits, dried chicken and liver treats. Nate reckons I must be a dogs dream person to meet

Might explain why a mini dachshund nearly climbed up my leg out earlier, if I didn't have so many stairs I'd be tempted he was adorable !

I'm off to the rescue later with some chrissie pressies, I've been sworn to be good and not bring anyone home just to foster over Christmas unlike last year.

Mind my husband came home with a tiny kitten yesterday he found in the woods when out with Elsie, poor little thing riddled with fleas and so very cold. Vet says wouldn't have survived the night. Can't stay we just don't have a cat friendly lifestyle but I've got three people already wanting her. So I don't think she's going to be homeless over Christmas.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:28 PM

Re: Theory on why dogs like me lol

Worst of all Julie, all animals love me for some reason, but don't let a male Donkey near me, I have only got to touch their face and they are mounting me, why?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:42 PM

Oh Susie ... how embarrassing for you. I've had cats hang amorously onto my leg but never a donkey.

Bet you steer clear of donkey rides at the seaside.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:44 PM

Now donkeys and goats I'm not so keen on they always find some way to pee in my shoes ! Although I prefer that to being mounted I guess
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:00 PM

I love donkeys, always have done.
I also kept dairy goats for nearly 20 years, but never had one pee in me shoes! The males get very fruity in the breeding season though - don't ever turn your back on them!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Dogs like me because I don't talk to them too much !
I believe in body language which animals pick up on I am calm and happy when I ride hence quite nervous horses are calm with me .
Unfortunately this doesn't work on humans!
Monkeys also like me but I am afraid of them they have sharp teeth and are too like us !
Although having said that baby orang utans are so like human babies you just have to hold them .

Donkeys are just too adorable I wonder if I could fit one in the back garden .........
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:35 AM

I do love the Donkeys and Goats.

Every year I go to the Hopefield Horse Santurary, where apart from Horses they have Donkeys, Goats, Cows, Birds etc. I now make sure that the Donkeys are inside the Pen when I stroke them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:41 AM

I used to have two little pygmy goats who lived near me, they were so sweet. I used to save them treats, they were always so excited when they saw me, nothing to do with the treats you understand
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I used to have two little pygmy goats who lived near me, they were so sweet. I used to save them treats, they were always so excited when they saw me, nothing to do with the treats you understand
Goes without saying, Summer. They realised the treat was YOU all the time.
Q: Why do animals need treats?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:01 AM

We all like treats plops, I bet even you like treats now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top