Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Trade Deal

I read early today that Mrs May had said that if we did not get the deal we wanted, we would walk away and pay nothing.

I now read that David Davis has agreed with the EU that the first stage deal should now be made lawful, so we would not be able to not pay.

Do we actually know what we are doing?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Re: Trade Deal

Yes, throwing the baby out with the bath water.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 05:46 PM

The whole thing is a shambles anyway. The rand institute in the US reckons our only salvation would be a tripartite agreement with the EU and US. Like ttip. But they said the current political climate in the US makes this unfeasible.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Hi

Not really bothered about the Rand Corporation to be honest.

I am far more concerned about how well our politicians are doing.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The whole thing is a shambles anyway. The rand institute in the US reckons our only salvation would be a tripartite agreement with the EU and US. Like ttip. But they said the current political climate in the US makes this unfeasible.
The Rand Corporation??...............Clutching at Straws there Annie .

Your trouble is that you are too quick to regurgitate the BBC narrative rather than think for yourself.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The Rand Corporation??...............Clutching at Straws there Annie .

Your trouble is that you are too quick to regurgitate the BBC narrative rather than think for yourself.
I await your own original and in-depth analysis of the economic impact of brexit with baited breath! They say attack is the best form of defence because of course it will deflect from your own weakness (in this case lack of any counter arguments).

In terms of the Rand report (by that I mean the original report on the Rand site), I thought it was heavily biased. Of course they would see that as a solution and from the US point of view it makes sense.

But we do need an agreement that works with the US. So do our illustrious politicos have a strategy for trade with the US?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not really bothered about the Rand Corporation to be honest.

I am far more concerned about how well our politicians are doing.
Surely the question isn't what we think but how much influence this body has on US thinking. Are they influential?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I await your own original and in-depth analysis of the economic impact of brexit with baited breath! They say attack is the best form of defence because of course it will deflect from your own weakness (in this case lack of any counter arguments).

In terms of the Rand report (by that I mean the original report on the Rand site), I thought it was heavily biased. Of course they would see that as a solution and from the US point of view it makes sense.

But we do need an agreement that works with the US. So do our illustrious politicos have a strategy for trade with the US?
I can only give you that analysis POST -Brexit..... It has to happen before it can be analysed.
Everything else is Crystal Ball Gazing.

Don't get me wrong, The Rand Organisation has influence but is a purely US centric think tank and has no consideration for personal choice or self determination.
It's predictions and analysis are designed to serve US political and strategic interests and nothing less. It's main concern about Brexit is the reduced US interest in Europe through its UK proxy.

And even if it's prediction of a financial cost to the UK economy turn out to be correct ..You need to accept Annie, that for most Leavers that will be a price worth paying...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I can only give you that analysis POST -Brexit..... It has to happen before it can be analysed.
Everything else is Crystal Ball Gazing.

Don't get me wrong, The Rand Organisation has influence but is a purely US centric think tank and has no consideration for personal choice or self determination.
It's predictions and analysis are designed to serve US political and strategic interests and nothing less. It's main concern about Brexit is the reduced US interest in Europe through its UK proxy.

And even if it's prediction of a financial cost to the UK economy turn out to be correct ..You need to accept Annie, that for most Leavers that will be a price worth paying...
Hi

The bigger the Financial cost, the more will be unhappy.

The more that are unhappy will translate to votes against the Government in the next Election.

Corbyn in power will be a disaster.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:10 AM

Many of us voted out realising it might not be financially better for a while, what we expected was people would work together to make it easier, what we got is a load of people trying to stop us leaving rehashing the bebate daily and negotiators that seem to want t stay in too.

I'm fed up to back teeth with the lot of it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top