Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:53 PM

ITV news headline yesterday....

... Gary Oldman celebrates a Golden Globe nomination for his role as Winston Churchill.

It might be a good film but he hasn't won it yet and should that really be headline news on TV? There was no mention of the failed terrorist attack in NY.

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-11/...s-finest-hour/
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 10:27 PM

Re: ITV news headline yesterday....

I think there is a concentrated effort by TV newsrooms to “Merry up” the news at this time of year LD, maybe it’s not a bad idea, one gets sick of all the bad news all the time, but I agree with you that it should not be headline news.
Past news events at Christmas time featured “Santa get’s caught in chimney in Leeds” “Rudoph the reindeer loses two shoes” and “Santa’s Elves go on strike”
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 06:21 PM

Re: ITV news headline yesterday....

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think there is a concentrated effort by TV newsrooms to “Merry up” the news at this time of year LD, maybe it’s not a bad idea, one gets sick of all the bad news all the time, but I agree with you that it should not be headline news.
Past news events at Christmas time featured “Santa get’s caught in chimney in Leeds” “Rudoph the reindeer loses two shoes” and “Santa’s Elves go on strike”

At least those are real stories.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top