Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 02:46 PM

Testicular Cancer

Not quite my department really, being female, but I saw this article in 'Mature Times', and hoped you gentlemen wouldn't be offended if I posted it on here.

Quote:

Testicular cancer: do you know the facts?

There are over 16,000 new cases of testicular cancer diagnosed in the UK each year, but early detection means that 95% of males will make a complete recovery.

Therefore, it is essential to check yourself regularly and know the warning signs to look out for. Of course, like many things, that may be easier said than done, but help is at hand.

UK charity www.theoddballsfoundation.com, has launched a brand new, free app that gives you detailed instructions on how to properly check for signs of testicular cancer and reminds you to check yourself regularly. Each month, a different celebrity ambassador offers encouragement and takes you through the simple steps. January 2018 features international rugby referee, Nigel Owens. The app is called Odd Balls – Check Yourself.

The NHS says that typical symptoms of testicular cancer are a painless swelling or lump in one of the testicles, or any change in shape or texture of the testicles. It’s important to be aware of what feels normal for you and see your GP if you notice any changes. It is recommended that you check yourself every month.

The Oddballs Foundation also helps to fund a male health programme called “Offload”. Run by the Rugby Football League, it is a twelve week programme designed to educate males on the importance of physical and mental health, with a week dedicated entirely to testicular cancer.

For more information and to view a short, amusing instructional video on how to check yourself, visit: https://www.theoddballsfoundation.co...check-yourself

UNQUOTE.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: Testicular Cancer

A good thread Mups and one that I hope every man on this forum takes notice of

I watched The Real Full Monty on TV, where a group of male celebrities stripped off at The London Palladium (I think) to encourage men to check themselves. Some of the celebrities, or members of their family had experience of this and prostrate cancer, and it was sad to hear that some had left it too late...... so i am making this appeal.

Will all you men please check because it takes about a minute and, if you feel that all is not right, go and see a doctor before it is too late.
In 2011 I found that I had a lump, so went immediately to see a doctor. That fact that I went asap is the reason that I am still chatting to you today
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:37 PM

Too late!!! - I already do. I have a disabled shower and a seat to enable me to wash comfortably. As a consequence, sitting down I am able to observe (and feel) should there be a problem. So far there hasn't been.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Too late!!! - I already do. I have a disabled shower and a seat to enable me to wash comfortably. As a consequence, sitting down I am able to observe (and feel) should there be a problem. So far there hasn't been.
I am pleased to hear that! I just hope all the other men on here can say the same.

You could all persuade any sons to as well!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the thread and the link Mups. Good advice for us all.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
A good thread Mups and one that I hope every man on this forum takes notice of

I watched The Real Full Monty on TV, where a group of male celebrities stripped off at The London Palladium (I think) to encourage men to check themselves. Some of the celebrities, or members of their family had experience of this and prostrate cancer, and it was sad to hear that some had left it too late...... so i am making this appeal.

Will all you men please check because it takes about a minute and, if you feel that all is not right, go and see a doctor before it is too late.
In 2011 I found that I had a lump, so went immediately to see a doctor. That fact that I went asap is the reason that I am still chatting to you today
You had a lump on your testicles?

Seriously though, I found a lump on my left ball (testicle takes too much typing) a few years ago and at the hospital had a load of gel blathered all over my scrotum before a nurse examined the affected `part` with an ultrasound machine (quite enjoyable actually ) turned out it was a cyst and a surgeon kindly offered to remove it, and my testicle at the same time.

Don't know about the other blokes on here but I'm quite attached to my nuts (literally) and it wouldn't be the same if both of my boys weren't there so I declined his offer.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-01-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You had a lump on your testicles?

Seriously though, I found a lump on my left ball (testicle takes too much typing) a few years ago and at the hospital had a load of gel blathered all over my scrotum before a nurse examined the affected `part` with an ultrasound machine (quite enjoyable actually ) turned out it was a cyst and a surgeon kindly offered to remove it, and my testicle at the same time.

Don't know about the other blokes on here but I'm quite attached to my nuts (literally) and it wouldn't be the same if both of my boys weren't there so I declined his offer.
You forget Judd, I have a bunch of men locked in my cellar, and what they have belongs to me

Keep checking... remember I had you locked down there for a couple of days.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:17 PM

I often have a fondle in the family jewels, it’s research and very therapeutic

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top