Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:02 PM

‘Now I’m A Certain Age’, Are The Worst Words Ever!!

Some of the worst words ever are ‘Now l’m A Certain Age’!

What happens at this ‘Certain Age’? Do some curtains come down and your life stops?

Do you have to re-schedule your life because you have reached that ‘certain age’?

Blow it, l say and carry on regardless!

Have you reached that ‘Certain age’ and changed accordingly?
Or like me, stayed the same, as you were before?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: ‘Now I’m A Certain Age’, Are The Worst Words Ever!!

Nice if you can see later life as a continuation of your youth but most folk have been around the block a few times and got life's bruises to show for it. Worse, some have health conditions they have to contend with.
But on the whole ... it pays to still be optimistic and enjoy life as much as you can depending on your circumstances.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some of the worst words ever are ‘Now l’m A Certain Age’!

What happens at this ‘Certain Age’? Do some curtains come down and your life stops?

Do you have to re-schedule your life because you have reached that ‘certain age’?

Blow it, l say and carry on regardless!

Have you reached that ‘Certain age’ and changed accordingly?
Or like me, stayed the same, as you were before?
Definitely stay the same Art
I have no idea what a certain age looks or feels like
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:12 PM

Get away with ya Rhian .. you're still a youngster.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Nice if you can see later life as a continuation of your youth but most folk have been around the block a few times and got life's bruises to show for it. Worse, some have health conditions they have to contend with.
But on the whole ... it pays to still be optimistic and enjoy life as much as you can depending on your circumstances.
So are you saying, the rest of us should feel guilty?

You can still go through all the things you mention above but not look at life negatively.
Just because you have been ‘round the block’ suffered life’s bruises, have health conditions, doesn’t mean your life is over...does it?

A lot is ‘in your head’!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:19 PM

no idea what that certain age is,im same as always,,few extra aches and pains, but enjoying life as best I can,
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
no idea what that certain age is,im same as always,,few extra aches and pains, but enjoying life as best I can,
It's the younger woman in your life isn't it Doc?!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I've heard people say that term, but I just assumed it was by those who don't want to disclose their age for some reason.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So are you saying, the rest of us should feel guilty?

You can still go through all the things you mention above but not look at life negatively.
Just because you have been ‘round the block’ suffered life’s bruises, have health conditions, doesn’t mean your life is over...does it?
No .. I'm not saying anyone who can continue their youth, in looks or outlook ... should feel guilty.
Nor is it been negative to be pragmatic. Some people's health often dictates how they feel about life in general.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by doctor ->
Doctor, Thats the spirit, having a positive attitude and not allowing age to deter you!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top