Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Some people get very annoyed if someone parks across their driveway or in their usual parking spot.
Does it bother you? Or do you not care who parks there?
Have you, or would you put a polite note under their windscreen wipers?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:32 PM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Too right it annoys us, it happens far too often. We either can't pull onto our drive or get out. We have a speed hump yards from our house and that's the reason others decide to block our drive.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Yes it does bother me. I am forever staring out my window watching whoever parks outside (dropped kerb, double yellow lines), thinking 'who are you, where are you going, how long will you be, can't you take that phone call elsewhere, did you have to park there, shall I bother calling Highways Dept to send out a parking enforcement officer...etc...'

I get quite hot and bothered at times.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Too right it annoys us, it happens far too often. We either can't pull onto our drive or get out. We have a speed hump yards from our house and that's the reason others decide to block our drive.
I listened to this on the radio 4 on the way home. Apparently, there is no law to stop people parking in your drive if they want to.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

A fella who doesn’t even live in our close, regularly parks in a position where it makes it difficult to get onto our drive! He then walks down a passageway to his house and the car can be there for days on end. Very annoying!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I listened to this on the radio 4 on the way home. Apparently, there is no law to stop people parking in your drive if they want to.
Moscow, l didn’t hear it on the radio. It just came into my head on a longish bus journey today!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:48 PM

There was a guy on our street who was so precious about the parking space in front of his house that he'd put two wheelie bins there if he ever went out. He'd then move them back to his front garden when he returned (blocking the road in the meantime). Nobody has allocated parking spaces so he was a cheeky so and so. I have a neighbour who loves to park in an awkward distance relative to the end of the dotted lines. So there may be half a space left. I find that pretty annoying. They like to park exactly aligned with the boundaries of their house. But sometimes it means that I can't squeeze into the spaces either side.

IMO people are often inconsiderate when it comes to parking. I do try to think of others when I park and never park across a driveway. It must be so frustrating to have one and have people park across it. We did think of getting one but it would be impossible because there's a tree. Perhaps it's a blessing we don't have it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:53 PM

We have a communal carpark you just park where you can, only time I get a little disappointed is if all the spaces are taken and I can't park at all, that usually means I have to ring to get someone to come out and park my car at the bottom of the road, and walk back up because I can't often walk that far these days. Happened tonight, so someone will have to fetch it back up in the morning for me.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:54 PM

Parking across my drive will have consequences.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Parking across my drive will have consequences.
Do tell.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top