Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Would you ask a celebrity for a selfie?

I hate all this rubbish. Celebs and the like. It's all narcissism to the point of forgetting how to live a normal life.

But...if you were to meet a "celebrity" (or somebody who is actually well-known), would you get a photo with them? And would you actually stop for a chat and ask them sensible questions and intelligent conversation?

I have met quite a few famous people, usually musicians who I'll get to sign an album and a quick natter and that's it. They have their own lives and privacy. I would not ask for a photo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Would you ask a celebrity for a selfie?

Only my old heart throb, Neil Diamond, Floydy.
I'd love a photo with him as a memento to keep.
Not sure I'd ever be brave enough to ask him though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Only my old heart throb, Neil Diamond, Floydy.
I'd love a photo with him as a memento to keep.
Not sure I'd ever be brave enough to ask him though.
Oh I'm sure you would, Mups, and being the sort of person he is, he would probably oblige.
Not doing too well now though I hear. Parkinson's Disease sadly.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:28 PM

Not a selfie.I haven't got a phone.I'd try and have a chat only after a gig though,not in Tesco.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh I'm sure you would, Mups, and being the sort of person he is, he would probably oblige.
Not doing too well now though I hear. Parkinson's Disease sadly.

I read somewhere he was not well now.
Wasn't he going to do another tour but had to cancel it?
Poor man.
He used to write such good songs, with proper words that told a story.
I've always had a soft spot for him, and loved his gravelly old voice.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:36 PM

They're only people like me and thee ... no, I wouldn't ask for a selfie or want to speak to them. Mum always told me not to talk to strangers.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:39 PM

No, No, No!

When I was dating a musician from the BBC Orchestra, I met quite a few 'celebrities' backstage and enjoyed having a chat with some of them. 'Selfies' were not an option back then but I wouldn't have even if I could have. I never asked for a photo or an autograph - I thought it was just 'not the done thing' - a bit naff, to be honest.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:40 PM

oh aye, if I had the chance I'd love a selfie with Hugh Jackman, I love the man and to have a memory like that would be wonderful, I hear he is very obliging with his fans. If I'm honest I'd like to snog him but shhhhhhhhh don't tell my husband, yeah a snog and a selfie that'd do me, conversation would be good too, oh well, I can dream.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:42 PM

No, too intrusive and obnoxious .....probably of American origin.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:50 PM

No Floyd, I wouldn't. I am much to shy to even talk to them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top