Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:14 PM

What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

As I mentioned on my, 'unusual childhood' thread, I have done, and still do, some pretty crazy stuff, which could have ended in my demise.

I guess kicking around a live grenade I found in our attic when I was 10, was the most dangerous thing I have done, although other things have come close.

I am sure other posters have tales to tell.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:07 PM

Re: What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

One thing that springs to mind happened when I was in the RAF around 1991.
I was posted to Belize and following a typical drunken binge around the bars of San Pedro island I met up with some army lads and we took bets on a number of silly and foolhardy 'dares'.
I remember those lads ending up throttling a live chicken, or swimming with barracuda fish. My dare was to jump into an enclosure outside a bar which was occupied by several small sharks, around three to five feet in length, including two hammerheads. Being so drunk I didn't care, I more or less dived in and watched as these fish swam around me. Watching in horror and disbelief, the lads yanked me out before anything serious happened.
For my sins I was court martialled the following day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:12 PM

I once put my hand in a tank of Piranhas.
Well, I didn't know about them at the time.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:30 PM

For my 60th birthday in 2010 I wanted to swim with sharks at an aquarium, which has that facility. My darling family were concerned I might give the poor sharks indigestion! My doctor scuppered the idea as I have a problem with my left ear which would not be helped by swimming under water.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:30 PM

I'll bet we could all recall a few dangerous times and picking out just one is difficult.

I was in my early 50's when I took up off-road cycling. Some of the stony downhill runs could get a bit out of control and pretty dangerous. Plenty of 'will I won't I come off' moments.

I've only fallen once in a serious sort of way. I hit some loose stones and fell into a ditch where there was some broken-up reinforced concrete with metal ends sticking upwards. I only just missed them.

As a side note, my older brother and co-cyclist fell on that same hill a few years later and broke a bone in his shoulder.

I've all but stopped off-road cycling now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
For my 60th birthday in 2010 wanted to swim with sharks at an aquarium, which has that facility. My darling family were concerned I might give the poor sharks indigestion! My doctor scuppered the idea as I have a problem with my left ear which would not be helped by swimming under water.
Oh, Tara, you are a one
Most people want to swim with dolphins, trust you to be different.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, Tara, you are a one
Most people want to swim with dolphins, trust you to be different.
Lots of people swim with sharks. There was that old lady in South Africa a few years ago, who swam with sharks for her 100th birthday, as well as skydiving.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-03-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Lots of people swim with sharks. There was that old lady in South Africa a few years ago, who swam with sharks for her 100th birthday, as well as skydiving.
So long as they have been fed I suppose.
I didn't know about that Tara, you are a font of knowledge.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
So long as they have been fed I suppose.
I didn't know about that Tara, you are a font of knowledge.
It was all over the news at the time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 05:35 PM

I don't do dangerous things
...well not consciously

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top