Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Come the next election...?

Who do we actually vote for?

Let's face it, they are all as bad as each other.
Most have no concern whatsoever for the normal average hard working people.

They are all totally and utterly spineless, ball-less and inept.
We have crime out of control with laughable sentences (and non sentences) being given.

Brexit being betrayed at every turn.
We had the Mp's expenses scandal, which was in effect no scandal, but simply fraud.

Every department from the Government down are horrifyingly hopeless. Police, councils, social services etc...

Anytime there is a problem or nasty event, we hear "Lessons will be learnt" - but they never are!

I find it just mind numbing some of the people in positions or potential positions of authority. Abbott for example - how the hell does she even still have a job? A potential Home Secretary than can't count to 5 and is obviously racist.
Could you actually make any of this up if you tried?

I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned with Politics.
We are governed and controlled by people who are scared of their own shadow and bow to the left wing PC minority at any opportunity.

Am I missing something here?
Are the Government not meant to listen to and appease the majority?

It's a crying shame that UKIP are in such disarray to be honest, as they would have had my vote normally. But, they can't even sort themselves out at the moment, let alone the country.

So,

Who do we vote for next?
Just the lesser of two evils as normal I suppose?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Re: Come the next election...?

Guess there are many who feel the same. This may be of interest.

https://www.crowdpac.co.uk/about
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:41 PM

I think we need to be on guard. Momentum are supposed to be a party within a party, but I see them rising up at another election independently. They seem to appeal to the young voters (under 35's) and brainwashing with untruths , is high on their agenda.

As an alternative, I think 'same old' might be the better option.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:49 PM

Bring back miss whiplash..
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Who do we actually vote for?

Let's face it, they are all as bad as each other.
Most have no concern whatsoever for the normal average hard working people.

They are all totally and utterly spineless, ball-less and inept.
We have crime out of control with laughable sentences (and non sentences) being given.

Brexit being betrayed at every turn.
We had the Mp's expenses scandal, which was in effect no scandal, but simply fraud.

Every department from the Government down are horrifyingly hopeless. Police, councils, social services etc...

Anytime there is a problem or nasty event, we hear "Lessons will be learnt" - but they never are!

I find it just mind numbing some of the people in positions or potential positions of authority. Abbott for example - how the hell does she even still have a job? A potential Home Secretary than can't count to 5 and is obviously racist.
Could you actually make any of this up if you tried?

I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned with Politics.
We are governed and controlled by people who are scared of their own shadow and bow to the left wing PC minority at any opportunity.

Am I missing something here?
Are the Government not meant to listen to and appease the majority?

It's a crying shame that UKIP are in such disarray to be honest, as they would have had my vote normally. But, they can't even sort themselves out at the moment, let alone the country.

So,

Who do we vote for next?
Just the lesser of two evils as normal I suppose?
Yes, I made a similar comment to this in the thread The End of UKIP
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 11:03 PM

Candidates free from the shackles of party politics would be a vote from me. The current composition of the House Of Commons has 5 seats Independent.
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Let's face it with the present undemocratic first past the post system the smaller parties don't stand a chance.

Unless you live in a marginal constituency your vote is meaningless.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:39 PM

I would probably vote for the Green Party, as no one else floats my boat at present.

I am glad that ghastly UKIP looks dead in the water, hopefully it won't resurrect.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would probably vote for the Green Party, as no one else floats my boat at present.

I am glad that ghastly UKIP looks dead in the water, hopefully it won't resurrect.
With any luck, there won't be a 'Green' candidate in your constituency, I would hate to be voting for the same party as you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
With any luck, there won't be a 'Green' candidate in your constituency, I would hate to be voting for the same party as you.
What are you talking about?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top