Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 08:56 AM

DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

Not content with scamming claimants by their detested 'sanctions' rules, it now transpires that the scumbag 'nasty party' and their accolytes in the DWP have been scamming claimants of their legitimate benefit entitlements for years!!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...3D327917888_uk
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:45 AM

Re: DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

That will be a nice windfall ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:28 AM

Should that not read;

DWP scams the scammers?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:58 AM

It's truly terrible IMO I think who ever made these decisions should lose their job but it won't happen. I hope when they do get the money it isn't used to deny any needs currently. I know one lad got a large payout after he was under paid and he lost his pip for six weeks because they said he wasn't entitled after the lump sum !
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 01:01 PM

Uncle Joe ,having read the link how do people know which rate of ESA they’re entitled to ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Uncle Joe ,having read the link how do people know which rate of ESA they’re entitled to ?
Even the people in charge don't understand the system IMO
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 02:04 PM

A friend of mine has lost £65 a week severe disability premium .
She was one of an age who had to transfer from DLA after getting that benefit because she suffered from an enduring mental illness .
When called to be assessed for PIP she failed to attend twice and so was sanctioned by having that premium taken .This on top of no longer getting DLA .She is now in what I call Queer Street ,not enough money to pay her water bill and council tax bill currently due .
The reason she didn’t attend was because she was scared stiff of being asked questions she couldn’t answer.
She has difficulty explaining how her illness,schizophrenia , affects her on a daily basis which is the requirement for PIP .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-03-2018, 05:06 PM

That's all too common, people bleat on about cheats but these people are cheated out of what they should be paid. Criminal it is.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Its not a scam, or anything remotely like one . Even the Huff admits it was an error, a clerical error not even a government error. Of course that doesn't matter to the Left if you're determined to try and undermined government. Why people get such a head of false indignation on about this knowing the source I'll never understand.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Its not a scam, or anything remotely like one . Even the Huff admits it was an error, a clerical error not even a government error. Of course that doesn't matter to the Left if you're determined to try and undermined government. Why people get such a head of false indignation on about this knowing the source I'll never understand.

Having had extensive dealings with the DWP over many years, and personally caught them out on a number of scams, I know full well how they work and I also know that it is very likely someone in the DWP KNEW about this scam before it came to light by an investigation by the NAO.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top