Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:24 AM

HoL delivers yet another snub to TM

The HoL have voted to retain the European convention on Human Rights - delivering a further snub to the scumbag 'nasty party' who wanted to abolish it as part of their great reform bill.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8318731.html
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:35 AM

Re: HoL delivers yet another snub to TM

So, as it suits your cause regarding your pathological hatred of the conservative party, all of a sudden you are a fan of the House if Lords, the same waste of space toffs who you would stand against the wall and shoot, come the revolution?

You really are a complete hypocrite.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So, as it suits your cause regarding your pathological hatred of the conservative party, all of a sudden you are a fan of the House if Lords, the same waste of space toffs who you would stand against the wall and shoot, come the revolution?

They are merely a tool to trash the 'nasty party' with. Yes, I wish they weren't there, that we had a democratic second chamber of (for want of an alternative) Senators.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 01:16 PM

I for one am extremely glad they were defeated as I think we........the common folks, would be in a lot of bother without it. Anything that reins in the Tories is a good thing....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 01:38 PM

It always amazes me how quickly is forgotten the " you can take over now we have spent the nations reserves and the vaults are empty" speech made by a departing labour government

Of course this left us with a huge gap to fill by the conservative party
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

24-04-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It always amazes me how quickly is forgotten the " you can take over now we have spent the nations reserves and the vaults are empty" speech made by a departing labour government

Of course this left us with a huge gap to fill by the conservative party

Yeah, and they (the 'nasty party') don't have the brain power of a dinosaur to fill the gap!!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 05:45 PM

I sure this will interest you Joe, if you at able to understand it. In case you can't it means the tide is slowly turning.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-jitters-ease/
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I sure this will interest you Joe, if you at able to understand it. In case you can't it means the tide is slowly turning.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-jitters-ease/
You beat me to it.

Read UJ post and was going to reply with the link you posted.

Makes him look a bit silly....well what is knew(A spelling mistake sorry)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 09:41 PM

I see a petition to abolish the House of Lords has reached the 100,000 votes level and should, in theory, trigger a debate in parliament. No doubt if such a debate takes place, it will be whitewashed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Still, he provides some entertainment value...
some of the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top