Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:48 AM

My new vaper

This one didn't cost me anything as the shop replaced the old one (even though this new one is more expensive) whose electronics had gone wonky after 11 months. The biggest difference is that this one takes 2 batteries as opposed to 1 so I should be seeking a charging source less often.

Other than that, it's an upgrade on the old one in so many ways - I can control the vape the way I like it via its settings menu - it even counts how many puffs I've taken. I'm still on 3mg of nicotine, just can't quite make that leap down to zero. Still, I've come a long way from the days of using 24mg juice. Its only drawback? It is quite large and heavy, about double that of a smartphone.

Vaping sub ohm I can produce some impressive clouds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Re: My new vaper

That's a beast Ffosse. I have been on 3mg for about a year and moved to zero about three weeks ago. Three days ago, I stopped completely. If I am honest, I found giving up the vape more difficult than giving up cigarettes. I suppose because giving up smoking had obvious health benefits.

You still can't beat a good old fag though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a beast Ffosse. I have been on 3mg for about a year and moved to zero about three weeks ago. Three days ago, I stopped completely. If I am honest, I found giving up the vape more difficult than giving up cigarettes. I suppose because giving up smoking had obvious health benefits.

Well done on giving up!

Yes, I'm addicted to vaping, it seems to have become the modern man's pipe.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:14 AM

Good for you, Dongles, they are both disgusting habits!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good for you, Dongles, they are both disgusting habits!
I agree.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:20 AM

If you want a story that will keep you off the fags just let me know!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:29 AM

I went "cold turkey" many years ago and it was hell. withdrawal symptoms included shoulders shaking- bad moods strong urge for a ciggy etc.
However the best thing I ever did even though it took years to even stop thinking about having a smoke
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Props to anyone who's gone cold turkey and given up without any aid.

These days I couldn't imagine smoking a cigarette but would be lost without my vaper - they are safer to use, though, and a much cheaper habit.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I went "cold turkey" many years ago and it was hell. withdrawal symptoms included shoulders shaking- bad moods strong urge for a ciggy etc.
However the best thing I ever did even though it took years to even stop thinking about having a smoke
I went cold turkey 10years ago last new year but I was very lucky and had no withdrawal whatsoever. I had it in my mind from the October that I was going to quit on New years Eve and never have another fag and i.m happy to say I did it. Too late though the damage was done although I do wonder if I.d still be here had i.d continued smoking . Vaping wasn't around in them days, it was patches, gum or cold turkey.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Hi

I tried cold turkey, it didn't work.

It was a bugga to roll into a fag and get it to light.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top