Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:39 AM

Journal

Does anyone here use an online journal to write and keep thoughts, feelings, plans and aspirations etc in.
Not for public viewing just for yourself.
I dont want to keep a proper paper diary that can be found and read but have it online and private.

Ive been trying out one but its a pain when you make a spelling mistake or want to edit it as its goes mental and wont let you.

Any recommendations please
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Journal

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Does anyone here use an online journal to write and keep thoughts, feelings, plans and aspirations etc in.
Not for public viewing just for yourself.
I dont want to keep a proper paper diary that can be found and read but have it online and private.

Ive been trying out one but its a pain when you make a spelling mistake or want to edit it as its goes mental and wont let you.

Any recommendations please
No I have never been interested in keeping a journal/diary.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:55 AM

I use a moleskine and, after each one is finished, I upload it and start another.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:55 PM

no way - who would read it. they won't even read the poetry let alone the journal ?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
no way - who would read it. they won't even read the poetry let alone the journal ?
Oiy that's not true

I don't keep a journal. But, I think it is good for some people.
I have been reading my late BIL diaries
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:02 PM

I used to for years. They make exhausting reading now. It's amazing how busy life is when you are young and have the energy to go out five nights a week!

For about ten years I used to keep an occasional diary with things like resolutions and emotional dumps when I needed to get things off my chest. I will have to destroy those.

Is it just me or has the keyboard revolution has made it far more difficult to sit down patiently and write a page freehand? I used to have lovely handwriting but I don't recognise it these days. I think this changed with the advent of the smartphone.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:34 PM

You seem to be a bit down today, so I will explain why I don't read your poetry.
I come here for discussion, but have never liked poetry, so don't enjoy working out what it is trying to say.
On the other hand, it doesn't mean I am not interested in what you have to say and I do read what you say if it is written in plain English.
I find your thread titles interesting, and I am sure I am not alone, but some of us don't have the time to convert your poems to everyday language. Sorry.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 01:45 PM

I read it but rarely make a comment as you always ignore any comment made by me
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:08 PM

A couple of members, Old Grey Fox and Gumbud (and maybe some others) keep their own threads in Other Leisure Activities on here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A couple of members, Old Grey Fox and Gumbud (and maybe some others) keep their own threads in Other Leisure Activities on here.
Floydy I think Monday's Child was looking for something more personal, so he could look back on his own thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top