Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Barstewards!!!

Not content with pushing people into poverty by removing benefit entitlements, now they want to do away with the appeals procedure which allows a little time to order one's finances and get an appeal lodged!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8361311.html
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Re: Barstewards!!!

I don't generally post here, BUT!
I totally agree with you Joe.
I can't post what I would call them!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:47 PM

Cue for the usual "gammon" to explain why this is a good idea.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Well I was recently awarded PIP and count myself fortunate although I should really have applied for it two years ago with my first cancer. I don't really need the money; I have savings but it's for my mobility needs and its much appreciated.

It's terrible to think of households being left with very little because of spurious sanctions.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:19 AM

Worse and worse. Notwithstanding the barstewards have now done away with the appeals procedure, they've had access to a report which indicates that sanctions themselves do not work in any event. Vindictive barstewards!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-and-damaging
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:54 AM

One of their tricks is after visiting for assessment , is to fail to provide a report which gives you limited time to appeal the decision.

By the time the follow interview arrives its long after the appeal time, happened to me twice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
One of their tricks is after visiting for assessment , is to fail to provide a report which gives you limited time to appeal the decision.

By the time the follow interview arrives its long after the appeal time, happened to me twice.

Don't let the barstewards get away with that Nom matey. A decision hasn't been made until such time as its been communicated to the claimant, and therefore the time limit for appeal only runs once that decision has been communicated!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Barstewards!!!!!! your words not mine UJ are these lazy types who scrounge and lie and can't be bothered to get off their backsides and work. Before you say anything work can include working on a computer doing many different jobs.

This is the problem today too many free handouts for these damn lazy Barstewards and all handout should be stopped forcing them to work. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for doing nothing, even if it means street cleaning. There are enough roads littered with rubbish to keep them all employed

I am sick and tired of those who moan and complain and even support these lazy sods.

What about supporting those who go out to work every day, providing for their families and ask nothing from the state instead. They are the ones that never get a mention.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

22-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Barstewards!!!!!! your words not mine UJ are these lazy types who scrounge and lie and can't be bothered to get off their backsides and work. Before you say anything work can include working on a computer doing many different jobs.

This is the problem today too many free handouts for these damn lazy Barstewards and all handout should be stopped forcing them to work. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for doing nothing, even if it means street cleaning. There are enough roads littered with rubbish to keep them all employed

I am sick and tired of those who moan and complain and even support these lazy sods.

What about supporting those who go out to work every day, providing for their families and ask nothing from the state instead. They are the ones that never get a mention.

Thank you the spokesman from the late Mr Heidrich or should that be from the Daily Wail???
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:56 AM

I speak for myself not one of many Heidrich whom you can't even identify which one you are on about.

it is these lazy sods , not looking in any particular direction, who only put one point of view because they are so blinkered they are blind to everything else
The only exception is those in such ill health they need help,but most don't, they can do some sort of useful work even if only verbal advice

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top