Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Bus Passes.

Do any of you use them - or do you all have cars?

Mine is a real life line at this time of year - especially since they deregulated some time ago and can be used anywhere. I often pack a picnic and take off for the day. We have an excellent 'bus service - "The Coastliner" - that runs from Leeds to the East coast and I frequently use that to travel to Malton, Pickering, Bridlington, Scarborough or Whitby.

Local buses run to Harrogate, Knaresborough and Ripon, and i have even used my pass in Derbyshire when visiting relatives.

My only niggle is the time restriction - can't use it before 9:00am - but I do understand the reason behind that - people need the buses to travel to work or to school.

I treasure my bus pass and would be devastated if they were ever withdrawn.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:21 AM

Re: Bus Passes.

Hi

I do not have one at the moment, a complete waste of time as Public Transport is a joke here.

I intend to get one as soon as I move.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:22 AM

I have a car, I haven't used a bus on a regular basis since I was at school in the 60s.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:23 AM

I did not renew my bus pass as I had only used it acouple of times. I cannot walk the quarter mile to the nearest bus stop, nor to the shops the other end. I have also had to give up driving as again I cannot walk when I get to my destination.

I have no problem whatsoever in driving and do have a Blue Badge, but also have a knee that doesn’t work.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:30 AM

I don't have a bus pass, there are no busses here unless you want to walk a few miles to a town to get one.

We do have a bus shelter in the village used by the odd sheep so I guess there must have been busses here at some time before I moved here 36 years ago.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:30 AM

Yes ST i use mine all the time, its a lifeline for me, and i use it everyday. Only bind is the 9:30 start time during the week,

I can get to Scarborough from Newcastle as a day trip, and may later in the year try a week of traveling staying at B&B each night.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Absolutely!!! - I need mine to get me to the constant hospital appointments.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:16 AM

I use it. The bus service is quite good around here, especially the one just down the road from us. The bus goes right into the hospital grounds. I'd never take a car there unless there was an emergency.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:20 AM

No bus service so no point

However when I get to 65 I will be entitled to the Whole of Ireland train pass which I will apply for
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:27 AM

Use mine two or three times a week for the short trip into town and occasionally further afield.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top