Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:37 AM

Pension Tracing Service

Has anyone any experience of the Pension Tracing Service.

I got in touch with them months ago and had a couple of letters and a phone call from them wanting me to give permission to do a search on my behalf but I was so ill I did nothing about it.

The reason I ask is that this morning I received a letter from them this morning saying I need to reply within 7 days or they will close my file.

I'm fairly sure I left some money from a company pension with an insurance company but lost track of it about 18 years ago.

Has anyone used them?
Can I trust them?
They say they dont charge for their finding pension money but only charge if they advise me to change to a better pension.
Is this true.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:48 AM

Re: Pension Tracing Service

Sounds like a scam to me. Whatever you do don't pay out any money.

have a look here first, it is a gov run site and free. More than likely it is what that company use anyway

https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I'm fairly sure I left some money from a company pension with an insurance company but lost track of it about 18 years ago.
So just contact that company or that insurance company and ask them to check for you. Don't engage with a 3rd party to do this on your behalf, you'll just lose money.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Ask to see their Privacy Policy and their opt out details!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top