Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 03:55 PM

Parking meters damaged

I went into town this morning and found that the parking meters had been vandalised. Its one of the big car parks in town with the minimum fee of £1 for two hours parking but if you spend £5 in Sainsburys you get your £1 back.

According to the guy who was trying to repair one, they had all been vandalised with glue so any money put in was jammed but it was virtually impossible to put your registration number into the machine anyway as it looked like a paintbrush had been used to smear glue all over the screen.

Apparently parking charges had been suspended for the day which must be really annoying for the council as today was the food and drink festival in the town with lots of extra visitors.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Re: Parking meters damaged

Possibly why it was done, or someome fed up paying through the nose to park..
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:03 PM

I wondered if it was someone who had got a parking ticket taking revenge.
The other day while I while I was walking back to the car I saw a warden writing out a ticket and taking photos of a car. I suppose some people can get very annoyed when this happens.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Hmmm yes could be, didn't think of that. Well make hay while the sun shines MC and park while you can for free..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I went into town this morning and found that the parking meters had been vandalised. Its one of the big car parks in town with the minimum fee of £1 for two hours parking but if you spend £5 in Sainsburys you get your £1 back.

According to the guy who was trying to repair one, they had all been vandalised with glue so any money put in was jammed but it was virtually impossible to put your registration number into the machine anyway as it looked like a paintbrush had been used to smear glue all over the screen.

Apparently parking charges had been suspended for the day which must be really annoying for the council as today was the food and drink festival in the town with lots of extra visitors.
All worked out well then.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top