Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Nice day out but weird ending to day.

On Sunday my daughter came over and brought both her dogs. Partly it was to see my bungalow as she hasnt seen it before and also so that we could go out to Foxton Locks.

She was quite surprised how much she liked the bungalow despite shes seeing it at its worst with concrete floors, needs fully painting in every room and the garden needs work.

We went over to Foxton Locks which is actually a series of locks to take canal boats down a steep hill.
It only costs £2.50 to park for 4 hours. Theres toilets, places to eat and drink and buy gifts and ice creams.
We had a bit of a walk and then had a nice late lunch in the Foxton Locks pub sitting on the veranda overlooking the canal in the glorious warm sunshine. (well behaved dogs welcome).

After that we stopped off in the park next to my house so the dogs could have a good run off the lead in the enclosed dog area. My daughter was pleased with that as she has not seen a park with such a big area dedicated for dogs.

Later in the early evening received photos from ex wife of hail stones just falling in her garden in Daventry which damaged her plants.
This is one of the hail stones next to a 2p coin. Apparently they tore big holes in her rhubarb plants.

Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 08:05 AM

Re: Nice day out but weird ending to day.

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
On Sunday my daughter came over and brought both her dogs. Partly it was to see my bungalow as she hasnt seen it before and also so that we could go out to Foxton Locks.

She was quite surprised how much she liked the bungalow despite shes seeing it at its worst with concrete floors, needs fully painting in every room and the garden needs work.

We went over to Foxton Locks which is actually a series of locks to take canal boats down a steep hill.
It only costs £2.50 to park for 4 hours. Theres toilets, places to eat and drink and buy gifts and ice creams.
We had a bit of a walk and then had a nice late lunch in the Foxton Locks pub sitting on the veranda overlooking the canal in the glorious warm sunshine. (well behaved dogs welcome).

After that we stopped off in the park next to my house so the dogs could have a good run off the lead in the enclosed dog area. My daughter was pleased with that as she has not seen a park with such a big area dedicated for dogs.

Later in the early evening received photos from ex wife of hail stones just falling in her garden in Daventry which damaged her plants.
This is one of the hail stones next to a 2p coin. Apparently they tore big holes in her rhubarb plants.

I'm pleased you enjoyed a nice day out with your daughter and her two dogs. Pub lunches sat out in the sunshine are the best, especially when they allow dogs with well behaved owners

Wow that is one big hailstone Very weird weather considering it's the end of May. My dog and I were caught in a terrific downpour yesterday morning and in the afternoon we had a thunderstorm and the Sky signal was lost just as hubby was enjoying the Fomula 1 race. Never mind

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend MC.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 08:28 AM

I’m glad you had a nice day with your daughter, MC

That’s a huge hailstone I wouldn’t like to be hit on the head by a few of those that size!

We were more fotunate here in the SW as the afternoon was quite warm and sunny,
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 09:28 AM

It was a nice day out with my daughter and her dogs Peaches and Diego.

Personally I'm taking the hail storm in ex wifes garden in Daventry as yet another Sign or Portend that it would not be a good idea for me to leave my bungalow in Market Harborough and move to Daventry

Translated from the old Norse in the ancient Penguin book of old Norse Law.

The great god Odin spake to his loyal followers and cast over them a warning.
Lest the sons of the marketeers of harborough go to dwell with the heathens of Dave and Tree.
I shall smite their noggins with Stones of Cold Ice, and they shall never enter the halls of Valhalla and quaff ale with warriors of old and maidens with big boobies and blonde pigtails

I think Ive proved my point. The case for the defence rests.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Ha! Yes stay put MC in your Valhalla

I had a similar day yesterday gorgeous wasn't it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 11:02 AM

I bet that hurt.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
It was a nice day out with my daughter and her dogs Peaches and Diego.

Personally I'm taking the hail storm in ex wifes garden in Daventry as yet another Sign or Portend that it would not be a good idea for me to leave my bungalow in Market Harborough and move to Daventry

Translated from the old Norse in the ancient Penguin book of old Norse Law.

The great god Odin spake to his loyal followers and cast over them a warning.
Lest the sons of the marketeers of harborough go to dwell with the heathens of Dave and Tree.
I shall smite their noggins with Stones of Cold Ice, and they shall never enter the halls of Valhalla and quaff ale with warriors of old and maidens with big boobies and blonde pigtails

I think Ive proved my point. The case for the defence rests.
You are getting a bit cheeky MC.... so you must be feeling much better.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top