Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:30 PM

I had a glass of wine...

with my Father's Day lunch out
And now I'm positively pooped!
Is anyone else unable to drink alcohol in the day without it making you feel tired

Mind you...I don't suppose the chips helped!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:32 PM

Re: I had a glass of wine...

I have little more than a thimble full of whisky in the evening three times a week. I never drink during the day, except on Christmas Day when I will have a small glass of white wine with my lunch. I cannot afford to be out of it due to my commitments.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
with my Father's Day lunch out
And now I'm positively pooped!
Is anyone else unable to drink alcohol in the day without it making you feel tired

Mind you...I don't suppose the chips helped!!
I can't take too much alcohol any more and during the day would just wipe me out.

Sounds like you had a nice day though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Rhain I could not drink even a glass of wine in the day, it would put me to sleep. You best watch out with Gummy, I think he is rather merry today.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Pleased you enjoyed your lunch, Rhian

Afternoon drinking always makes me tired but I prefer it to going out at night these days.
My Saturday afternoons consist of a meet up with my friends and a few real ales, which is wholeheartedly looked forward to after a week working nights.
I'm always tired when I get home. I have something to eat as I'm usually ravenous, and hour or so on here, bit of telly and bed for an hour or so.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Pleased you enjoyed your lunch, Rhian

Afternoon drinking always makes me tired but I prefer it to going out at night these days.
My Saturday afternoons consist of a meet up with my friends and a few real ales, which is wholeheartedly looked forward to after a week working nights.
I'm always tired when I get home. I have something to eat as I'm usually ravenous, and hour or so on here, bit of telly and bed for an hour or so.
You only sleep for an hour or so?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have little more than a thimble full of whisky in the evening three times a week. I never drink during the day, except on Christmas Day when I will have a small glass of white wine with my lunch. I cannot afford to be out of it due to my commitments.
I read that you had 2 sherries a week and that was all. Have you changed what you drink now?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I read that you had 2 sherries a week and that was all. Have you changed what you drink now?
It started to disagree with me.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

17-06-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It started to disagree with me.
I hope you put it straight
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
You only sleep for an hour or so?
Yes, then I'm up and about watching a DVD usually. I hate to waste my weekend.
The trouble is with working nights, my body clock is all to pot and even if I'm absolutely shattered on Friday or Saturday nights, I can go to bed and be back up again before midnight for another three hours or so. It doesn't make any difference whether I've had a drink or not.
Thank God for box sets!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top