Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:31 PM

Not a bloody gain!!!

Yet another gun incident in the US.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/06/1...ll-night-even/
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: Not a bloody gain!!!

They'll never ban guns so these tragic events will keep on happening with, what seems to be, increasing frequency.

And even if they did ban guns, think how many must be in circulation. It would be impossible to regulate.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yet another gun incident in the US.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/06/1...ll-night-even/
Yet another reason to repeal that second amendment.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yet another reason to repeal that second amendment.
It will never happen - absolute vote loser to anyone who tries it.
As stated, it's beyond the point of no return anyway, as there are just too many guns in circulation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 05:34 PM

I am so thankful I live in the UK, not the US.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am so thankful I live in the UK, not the US.
....Where only the criminals are armed?
Yeh great!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
....Where only the criminals are armed?
Yeh great!
Yes it is great I agree. Far better than the world and his wife owning a gun as they appear to do across the pond.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

17-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Yes it is great I agree. Far better than the world and his wife owning a gun as they appear to do across the pond.
The problem is Tara,

It's just too uncontrolled there. Some people have literally dozens of guns & some states allow open carry, and most personal carry.

UK laws were tight even before the ban. No personal carry at all for example. If you wanted another firearm, you had to apply to have a variation on your licence, and then it had to be approved. Same now for rifles.
The only time you could have a gun was on the way to a shooting club and on the way back. Even then it had to be in a locked case with the ammo separate.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 06:37 PM

It will never happen - absolute vote loser to anyone who tries it.
As stated, it's beyond the point of no return anyway, as there are just too many guns in circulation.
Yes, I know I know you are right. My in-laws are from the American south and would not countenance revoking that amendment.
"I want to be able to protect my family"
"Guns don't kill, people kill"

Telling them that the firearms fatality rate in USA is about 40 times that in UK doesn't wash with them.
Or that guns do kill as the 28 deaths, mostly seven year old children, at Sandy Hook elementary school clearly demonstrates.

Sure, it needs someone unhinged with access to firearms to do that kind of thing. But access they have.

"If some person wants to kill another, they will find a weapon to use." But could a nutter kill 28 people in one fell swoop with a knife? It's clearly a nonsensical justification.

Firearms are unique in that they can cause injuries or fatalities at distance. Could the JFK assassination happened if Lee Harvey Oswald been armed with a knife................
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2018, 06:39 PM

The problem is Tara,

It's just too uncontrolled there. Some people have literally dozens of guns & some states allow open carry, and most personal carry.

UK laws were tight even before the ban. No personal carry at all for example. If you wanted another firearm, you had to apply to have a variation on your licence, and then it had to be approved. Same now for rifles.
The only time you could have a gun was on the way to a shooting club and on the way back. Even then it had to be in a locked case with the ammo separate.
And thank goodness for that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top