Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Second Minister quits.

To lose one Minister is unfortunate, but to lose two ministers inside a week is pure carelessness, but that is what the scumbag 'nasty party' government have managed to do.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0040e273ffa5e
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:29 PM

Re: Second Minister quits.

Trade minister Greg Hands has resigned from the government over plans to expand Heathrow.

MPs are due to vote on Monday on government plans to build a third runway at the airport.

Hands, the MP for Chelsea & Fulham in West London, pledged to his constituents at the 2017 election to vote against any expansion.
Greg Hands is fulfilling a commitment he made to his constituents, I see nothing wrong with that.

UJ if you had a little more concern about sticking to a commitment and less with expressing your daily dose of spite you would see that too ..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Greg Hands is fulfilling a commitment he made to his constituents, I see nothing wrong with that.

UJ if you were more concerned about sticking to a commitment and less with expressing your daily dose of spite you would see that too ..
Yes I do see that and I agree, but May could have, as jeremy Corbyn has done, made it 'free' vote of MPs which would not have necessitated a 'whip' and brought about his resignation - stupidity rules???
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:40 PM

If he's resigned he won't be able to vote so he's not carrying out his promise.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If he's resigned he won't be able to vote so he's not carrying out his promise.
Only resigned from the cabinet, now he votes as a back bencher, surely?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Only resigned from the cabinet, now he votes as a back bencher, surely?
That's true Purwell, as a back bencher he will be able to defy the whip, which he couldn't have done as a minister....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 03:10 PM

Hi

He resigned, losing money, to represent what his constituents voted for.

A decent man, we need more like him.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 03:18 PM

I have been a member of many forums over the last fifteen years and I have never known on any of those Forums a more spiteful person than UJ, sadly he sours this friendly site with his vitriolic threads again and again.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

UJ if you had a little more concern about sticking to a commitment and less with expressing your daily dose of spite you would see that too ..
Hey Meg.
Have you seen the film:

Mission Impossible?!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I have been a member of many forums over the last fifteen years and I have never known on any of those Forums a more spiteful person than UJ, sadly he sours this friendly site with his vitriolic threads again and again.
I agree basser.
The thing is that we all have things which hiss us off and one wants to rant about it.
But.
There is a happy medium there somewhere, and unfortunately UJ hasn't quite got it.
Who knows.
Perhaps I haven't either, but at least I am trying.
Very!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top