Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Computer probs (again)

I'm trying to listen to some recordings on a website and get the following message:

rt05-1ss1
This plug in is not supported.
followed by rt05-15st1.........then rt05-16te1

So I followed instructions and installed the latest Adobe Flash Player;
Cleared the browsing data (which is causing me some grief)
All these problems are only when using Chrome, so can someone please tell me how do I install a new browser?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:50 PM

Re: Computer probs (again)

Hi Lindy have you seen this fix...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...google-chrome/

To install a new browser select one like Firefox /Opera / Safari, Google it and download it from a reliable site then set it as your default browser.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:50 PM

Is your PC Apple or Microsoft?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 06:59 AM

It's a Microsoft computer.

Meg - I have so much on Chrome I don't want to completely switch to something else, can I have two browers that I run for different things?
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:27 AM

Lindy.....try Slimjet browser it's worked on the Chrome browser platform so everything is transferred automatically it worked a treat for me when I had trouble with Chrome.
https://www.slimjet.com/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Lindy have you seen this fix...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...google-chrome/

To install a new browser select one like Firefox /Opera / Safari, Google it and download it from a reliable site then set it as your default browser.
Hi Lindy yes you can. My previous laptop came with Internet Explored Installed which I didn't like so I downloaded Chrome and made it my default browser in the settings , this one has Microsoft Edge on it somewhere I think.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

22-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->

Meg - I have so much on Chrome I don't want to completely switch to something else, can I have two browers that I run for different things?
Hi Lindy yes you can. My previous laptop came with Internet Explored Installed which I didn't like so I downloaded Chrome and made it my default browser in the settings , this one has Microsoft Edge on it somewhere I think.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:45 AM

The best web browsers for 2018:

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-c...wsers-3635255/

What's the most popular web browser?
  1. Google Chrome
  2. Firefox
  3. Internet Explorer & Edge

Even if a browser is better than its rivals because of performance, security or features, they’re all free and there’s no limit to how many you can install or run at the same time. So while many would agree when we say that Google Chrome is the ‘best’ web browser, there’s nothing stopping you from using five or six different browsers.
FIrefox is a good second choice.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

This is the link for non-advanced users.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 08:50 AM

I have three browsers downloaded on my Mac - Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Safari is the one I use most and occasionally I’ll switch to Firefox or Chrome if I find I have a small problem.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:03 AM

I have Internet explorer and Chrome on the same laptop. I can switch between the two as I need to do. Some things are better on chrome, some on IE.

Chrome does cause problems sometimes for instance, certain sites require me to sign in each time whereas with IE I don't have to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top