Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:25 AM

How Do You Cope With Milestone Birthdays?

I feel Birthdays are fine ...until you hit a milestone birthday!

I am not sure why milestone birthdays make you feel different to normal birthdays?
I hate the thought of them but l am fine once they have passed!

What do you think to them? Maybe you don’t mind them looming up on the horizon?

Please tell me about your 18th, 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th...... even 100th birthdays!

Any nice or awful memories, or funny stories to tell?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Re: How Do You Cope With Milestone Birthdays?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I feel Birthdays are fine ...until you hit a milestone birthday!

I am not sure why milestone birthdays make you feel different to normal birthdays?
I hate the thought of them but l am fine once they have passed!

What do you think to them? Maybe you don’t mind them looming up on the horizon?

Please tell me about your 18th, 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th...... even 100th birthdays!

Any nice or awful memories, or funny stories to tell?
My 18th & 21st were no great shakes, I was due to become an 'adult' at 21, but between my 18th and 21st the government changed the age of maturity down to 18, which since I had already passed that milestone it meant nothing. I don't recall celebrating a 30th, my 40th I celebrated at a residential college - it snowed!!!, my 50th occurred a couple of months after my father died, so that too was a muted celebration. My 60th I spent away on holiday in Egypt, so no real celebration there either. Will be 70 later this year, no plans for a celebration then either.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:54 AM

I tend to ignore them, I hate fuss and don't even put my birthday on any Sites I use..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:00 AM

I always go on holiday for my birthday so I'm away. Off to do the Jazz trail in the USA for my next one in February
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:01 AM

My birthday falls on a well known date where flowers, chocolates, dining out etc are price tripled and more, so I banned birthdays years ago.

Now thats my excuse for not counting the years and I am sticking to it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:05 AM

My fun birthdays were 40 a surprise party I new nothing about, and my 60th when family took me for a lovely lunch little granddaughter had made two pink crowns one for her and me we wore them all day . I don't want to know anymore but my family and friends seem to enjoy them I get flowers and presents and pretty cards oh but I just wish it could all be ignored .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:09 AM

I ignore all birthdays, they mean nothing to me. I am 80 this year and like all other birthdays there will be no celebration. My father died on my 7th birthday, so there is nothing but sad memory when it comes around. My family know how I hate it, and when I was able, I ensured I was away somewhere each year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:16 AM

I don't mind the milestones, so long as I am not seeing them from the hard shoulder.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:30 AM

I'm not bothered about birthdays any more, being that there is only the two of us now, as I don't talk to my Family any more, they didn't even send me a birthday card this year.

For my 18th my Parents organised a party for me and my Friends and Relatives also on my 21st Birthday, after that no more parties. My Husband and I we normally just go out for and Indian Meal or to the Seaside for the day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:34 AM

I haven't had any 'milestone birthdays' Art my family know better than to impose such a thing on me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top