Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:32 PM

TV tonight

Has everyone at the tv studios gone mad?

Tonight, a Saturday night, we have Football, Rugby, and now Boxing as well.

What's with all this sport for Saturday night viewing?

I have said elsewhere my feelings about football, and as for boxing . . . . I can't for the life of me understand why people want to beat someone senseless for money and prestige.

I know others won't agree, but nevertheless, that's how I feel.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:41 AM

Re: TV tonight

I only watched Casualty and turned telly off afterwards. It’s not that much better tonight. In fact, I don’t think there is anything of interest to me, so might see what’s recorded.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:53 AM

Saturday night for me is rubbish on TV also Sunday, I record films during the week and watch them at the weekends.

Its very annoying when they take off Emmerdale & Corrie which millions of people like watching for Football or Tennis.

They should have one Channel that's not got soaps and dramas on, to put all the Sports programmes on.

I remember when I was a kid, all Sports used to be on a Saturday during the day.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Has everyone at the tv studios gone mad?

Tonight, a Saturday night, we have Football, Rugby, and now Boxing as well.

What's with all this sport for Saturday night viewing?

I have said elsewhere my feelings about football, and as for boxing . . . . I can't for the life of me understand why people want to beat someone senseless for money and prestige.

I know others won't agree, but nevertheless, that's how I feel.
I.m glad I had coronation Street the omnibus to watch. If I wanted to watch sport i.d have subscribed to the sport channel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:29 AM

I didn't have the television on last night, lots of gardening, a long walk then sorting things out on the laptop .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:35 AM

I haven't watched live tv on Saturday nights for years, and very rarely any other time. I like to choose what I watch and when, but it never includes sport or "reality shows", which seems to be the only type of tv force fed to the viewer these days .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Luckily I have Prime and Netflix

Always something to watch without having to rely on the freestat channels
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:00 AM

I took my tv to the tip last month and havent bothered replacing it making do with my tablet to watch things on Amazon Prime and YouTube.
I particularly enjoyed cancelling my tv licence and direct debit as I'm not watching any live tv or looking at iPlayer only iPlayer radio.

I am cat sitting at my exs at the moment while shes away. She has got Sky who where advertising a Skybox that records 6 programs while you watch a seventh. When I flicked through the channels I had trouble finding any that interested me let alone 6 I would want to record. Anyway when would you find the time to watch the six you have recorded.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I haven't watched live tv on Saturday nights for years, and very rarely any other time. I like to choose what I watch and when, but it never includes sport or "reality shows", which seems to be the only type of tv force fed to the viewer these days .

That is true Barry. If it's not sport, it's equally annoying reality shows.

I also agree with Susie, and that Sport used to be a Saturday afternoon only thing once.

I can't watch boxing either.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Hi

The thing is the TV companies spend a fortune on sports rights so have to get their money back.

It is a real pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top