Join for free
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:20 PM

Roundup weedkiller cancer scare!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...ncer-link.html

Some countries have banned the Roundup brand of weedkiller as it might be a cancer risk.

We had some in the shed, which I disposed of this morning, just in case the report is true!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Re: Roundup weedkiller cancer scare!

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...ncer-link.html

Some countries have banned the Roundup brand of weedkiller as it might be a cancer risk.

We had some in the shed, which I disposed of this morning, just in case the report is true!

A friend of mine being helpful used it on weeds on my driveway.
It wasn’t long after that my 11 year old Labrador got cancer.
I asked the vet if the Roundup could have caused it but he said it was only dangerous when wet. That it was ok after it had dried.

I did always wonder but l suppose when your pet dies of cancer, you look for something to blame.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:26 PM

I think mine is Weedol, I'll check later to see what chemicals are in it, thanks for posting that Tara.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think mine is Weedol, I'll check later to see what chemicals are in it, thanks for posting that Tara.
Weedol has glyphosate in it, which is supposed to be the problem.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Weedol probably made the announcement.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top